• Waitrose

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • M&S Food

Votes: 56 52.8%

• Total voters

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
on a recent visit to sunny worthing i was tasked by my wife and daughters to procure a large amount of quality women's underwear..(honest)...the looks i got in m&s underwear aisle would have sent a lesser man to the psyche unit , not me though........i stood tall and did them proud....:thumbsup:

did you hastily stuff them in a Lidl bag though?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Generally neither but that said I do very occasionally pop into both - Waitrose for hard to get ingredients if I'm cooking something special and M&S if I want the meal for a tenner deal because I'm feeling lazy.

I can't stand Waitrose though - full of pretentious muesli hill types allowing their equally vile kids called Tarquin and Daffodil run around uncontrolled whilst they decide which organic Himalayan wine to quaff.
Try walking around there in work wear, never felt more like a peasant in my life

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can't believe any of you do your own shopping. That is what staff are for.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can't believe any of you do your own shopping. That is what staff are for.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

I like to choose my own stuff. That way i get the freshest or the longest sell by date. Simples

Some of the substitutions are pathetic

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Neither both overpriced with no improved quality and not VFM used by most for snob value and show. Many shol i. LIDL and then put their shopping in named stores bags for the benefit of watching ndighbours when they .leave their car to go indoors

Waitrose is comfortably the cheapest and best VFM supermarket where I live. Tesco, Sainsbury's and Lidl don't even get a look in. Maybe it's just a problem where you live.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Waitrose 'would you like a coffee'.....all day for me :thumbsup:

Anyway, I'm sure it makes them feel good when they see you pack your own Sainsburys bags with their merchandise :wink:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Overpriced yes. You obviously don't have a good pallet then. You can tell the difference in quality compared to Asda/ Tesco's etc

There is indeed a difference in Quality. Where i work we supply M&S and Waitrose and there ingredients are far better than that of Tesco and Asda. Hence the superior price difference.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Generally neither but that said I do very occasionally pop into both - Waitrose for hard to get ingredients if I'm cooking something special and M&S if I want the meal for a tenner deal because I'm feeling lazy.

I can't stand Waitrose though - full of pretentious muesli hill types allowing their equally vile kids called Tarquin and Daffodil run around uncontrolled whilst they decide which organic Himalayan wine to quaff.

A lot of posing goes on Waitrose, Hove on weekday daytimes. Women must spend hours getting ready, before 'casually' breezing in to purchase a few essentials.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I love Booths always go to the one by the station in Windermere when we're staying in Kentmere

They are great shops. I'm fortunate that I spend a lot of time in the lakes on business and Booths is one of the pluses! Sadly the nearest to home is Knutsford which is a good hours drive.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I remember when I first discovered M&S food when I purchased a St.Michael's Chicken Tikka Masala for my first spanking new microwave It was chicken ding heaven and I've been hooked on all that the M&S food paradise has to offer ever since. Waitrose......meh they're just pretenders to the throne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here