Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking Football Fans

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having to go a whole 2 hours without a smoke must be a real hardship with the shakes developing. What on earth do these people do at work, have a smoke break every 45 minutes.

No smoking should mean just that, if you can't cope at the Amex don't go, simple really.

Tolerance, go look it up, from an ex smoker of 5 years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can you smoke at Middles-Marl-boro ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What about Tobac-Co-ventry?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Having to go a whole 2 hours without a smoke must be a real hardship with the shakes developing. What on earth do these people do at work, have a smoke break every 45 minutes.

No smoking should mean just that, if you can't cope at the Amex don't go, simple really.

This all day long and yep cigarette breaks are way to regular where I've worked, normally tagged onto a tea or coffee break to make it even longer!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ffs. It's a football match not a smoking club. Sometimes you just have to chose your priorities. I like craft beer....I don't for one minute expect the club to lay on such beer for me....I wait until the match has finished.

Clubs up and down the country have made provisions for their smokers to smoke at half time,this is a growing trend but maybe only something smokers see as a concern/benefit.
No one is asking the club to lay on cigs so comparing it to laying on craft beer is stupid......really really stupid

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Presumably the friend you know would be still in the ground at the end if he had a chance for a puff at half time outside.........would you object to him having that option?
No that's including any games he's been to away from home where he can have on at HT. I don't object to it, it's his tough luck but I still find it odd that someone can't hold out that long

Presumably the friend you know would be still in the ground at the end if he had a chance for a puff at half time outside.........would you object to him having that option?

Haven't done an away game for 20 years so it never really mattered.

Personally though, I am quite happy to go without smoking for hours on end, I do when I fly so never really give it much thought.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So what do these smokers do on their way to these 'enlightened' grounds if they go by train or coach?
If they can cope with a 2 hour train journey they can cope at the game.

why are you against all these grounds letting fans out to have a puff?
I remember the steward at millwall a few years back saying to me since they opened the away gates and let people out to drink and smoke outside at half time their life was much easier and trouble inside was massively reduced at half time.......treat people normally they will behave normally

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Why can't people seem to cope without a beer or whatever for two hours at football?

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Reading and Yeovil also let you have a fag at half time - I don't care now as I gave up a year go but can't see the issue with it to be fair. Personally I used to be able to cope for 1 hrs without one, but each to their own.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No that's including any games he's been to away from home where he can have on at HT. I don't object to it, it's his tough luck but I still find it odd that someone can't hold out that long

But you dont need to hang on that long at the amex if it was in line with other clubs.
I find it bizarre people object to Albion fans smoking outside at away games at half time

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
But you dont need to hang on that long at the amex if it was in line with other clubs.
I find it bizarre people object to Albion fans smoking outside at away games at half time

Well it's a few hours. Is it really that difficult? Personally I don't object to anyone smoking at half time, if there's somewhere to do it and they allowed. I find it even more bizarre that someone smokes & is prepared to have their clothes stink of it all day but each to their own I guess.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
As I’ve smoked for over 50 of my 70+ years I find this this priggish ‘holier than thou’ attitude nauseating. So, what if I want to have a puff at half time – why on earth can’t I go outside the stadium to enjoy a smoke? I don’t enjoy cold lager or beer on a cold day and in any case, have something of an objection to standing in a long queue to get a pint, so where’s the issue? The health police are on fire in these parts and it is clear from the preceding posts that they could collect more unpaid volunteers from the Amex. That’s all very well, but they’re starting now on sugar (I think that they’ve done salt) and just you wait until they really get going on alcohol. The signs are there already, as they were with tobacco…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Clubs up and down the country have made provisions for their smokers to smoke at half time,this is a growing trend but maybe only something smokers see as a concern/benefit.
No one is asking the club to lay on cigs so comparing it to laying on craft beer is stupid......really really stupid

A growing trend? I thought smoking was decreasing in popularity. And I think you can see my point about craft beer....so please stop the obtuseness and pedantry.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

What I find it bizarre is your campaign to suggest the Amex is not a modern thinking stadium and miles behind every other modern stadia just because you can't have a smoke at half time - like at Millwall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here