Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've never lived in Sussex. Supported Brighton since about 1994 and the closest I've lived to Sussex is Reigate, Surrey.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
This is great thread makes proud how fans have stayed loyal also the number of fans who have never lived in Sussex who's stories are interesting why they support the seagulls. Well done guys and girls.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Never actually lived in Brighton. Born in Shoreham, then grew up in Steyning, Liverpool (for University), Boston (USA), Cardiff and have lived in London for nearly 30 years.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Moved to Brighton as a toddler in 1965. Stayed there for formative years until parents' divorce in 1973. Moved to Kent with mum, but dad stayed in Sussex so have been a regular visitor from then on. Back living and working in Brighton (briefly) then Hove as an adult, 1986-1988. Sold house and quit job to go backpacking. Not lived in the UK since then (although I still have several family ties to Sussex).

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Moved to Brighton as a toddler in 1965. Stayed there for formative years until parents' divorce in 1973. Moved to Kent with mum, but dad stayed in Sussex so have been a regular visitor from then on. Back living and working in Brighton (briefly) then Hove as an adult, 1986-1988. Sold house and quit job to go backpacking. Not lived in the UK since then (although I still have several family ties to Sussex).

you went backpacking 30 years ago and never came back, wow! :thumbsup:

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Milan - Bergamo - Hertfordshire - Sussex - Bedfordshire - Sussex - South Yorkshire - Sussex - Paris......................Probably Sussex again

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Been away 20+ years, still love the county, its a special feeling as you pass the Downs on the A23

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Been away 20+ years, still love the county, its a special feeling as you pass the Downs on the A23

For me it has always been the Pylons (cue explanations for the younger ones?) .You pass through the Pyecombe south downs cutting in the blink of an eye nowadays, as when it was a single carriageway you had longer to study the surroundings. Also latterly, turning south onto the M23 from the M25 in either direction just sets you up mentally on the last lap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here