Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do it, you know you want to :wink:

Yep - I really do. Kids in Cambridgeshire have flown the nest, mother lives in Surrey, so would be much closer than now, gf lives in South London - ditto. Work is principally London atm (Southern Fail calls - eek). Not much stopping me, tbh, except inertia.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Left to go to university 37 years ago and not returned. Probably never will.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Yep - I really do. Kids in Cambridgeshire have flown the nest, mother lives in Surrey, so would be much closer than now, gf lives in South London - ditto. Work is principally London atm (Southern Fail calls - eek). Not much stopping me, tbh, except inertia.

Some lovely places in the Mid Sussex area, good for commuting (well, as good as commuting can ever be with that cavalcade of shithousery currently running the trains). Superior to, say, I don't know, Worthing :p

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The last time you told me you were considering moving back to Sussex you revealed you'd bought somewhere.

Me: "Where, Brighton itself?"
You: "Huntingdon."

Shout if you need some help with geography this time.

My geography has improved a bit in the last couple of years...

The inertia is the killer - I have friends in Cambs and I know where all the best food outlets are. And...nope, that's about it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Born in Brighton, left for the French Alps when I was 18, spent 9 years there, also spent time living in Rugby, Godalming, Newquay and Normandy. Now settled in West Sussex.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Lived in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain in my mid to late twenties due to work contracts then moved back to Portslade.

Only lived outside of Sussex briefly in Guildford for three months since. Otherwise it's been Hove Lancing Brighton St Leonards Eastbourne and now Southwick.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The inertia is the killer - I have friends in Cambs and I know where all the best food outlets are. And...nope, that's about it.

Guess what that's just reminded me of?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I was born in Cuckfield and lived in Danehill near Haywards Heath until I was 18. Went to Newcastle University to study architecture and ended up staying. Didn't plan to stay but met my wife whilst studying. She was settled in a job before I finished and we just ended up settling here. 28 years later we are still here. I miss Sussex and love going back as much as possible. Proud to have two sons born in Newcastle a stone throws from St James but both are massive Albion fans. Raised on away trips to Hartlepool, Carlisle, Doncaster and the like so god knows why!!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I joined the Nsvy at 18, although my home address was still, strictly speaking, in Sussex. Moved away when I was 22, for 33 years & returned in 2004.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Some lovely places in the Mid Sussex area, good for commuting (well, as good as commuting can ever be with that cavalcade of shithousery currently running the trains). Superior to, say, I don't know, Worthing :p

Have you seen the prices of houses in Mid Sussex :ohmy: ?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Born in Lewes, left Brighton in 1987. Lived in London, Ipswich, Hong Kong and Reading before moving to Devon in 2004. I often think of moving back to Sussex and hopefully will when I retire.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Here you go: a fifteen minute walk from Haywards Heath Station, eight bedrooms (that's what you were after, right?), 20 acres of gardens, vast outdoor swimming pool, several garages for the Ferrari collection, and a couple of spare cottages attached in which to house the good lady when she's in a bad mood (what?). Worth every penny of the £5 million asking price I'd say :jester:

Grade II listed though, so no scope to attach a three storey modernist man cave :nono:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61965518.html

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Grew up in Hove from the age of 11 (moved from Buckinghamshire). Then lived in Hove and Brighton up until the age of 27 (ish) Although spent a lot of time working away. I then moved to Australia for a better standard of living and lots of space to bring up kids. We lived in country Victoria for 5 years and then moved to Geelong near Melbourne where we have been for about 8 years. I don't think i was ever going to stay in Brighton as there are too many distractions to hinder me getting my life sorted.

I really miss Brighton and try to come back every couple of years to reconnect. Just came back from one trip that involved much sunshine and catching up with old friends. I must admit to wantning to stay this time but sadly won't be returning until the kids have grown upt of

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Here you go: a fifteen minute walk from Haywards Heath Station, eight bedrooms (that's what you were after, right?), 20 acres of gardens, vast outdoor swimming pool, several garages for the Ferrari collection, and a couple of spare cottages attached in which to house the good lady when she's in a bad mood (what?). Worth every penny of the £5 million asking price I'd say :jester:

Grade II listed though, so no scope to attach a three storey modernist man cave :nono:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61965518.html

20 acres? Wouldn't that mean that your neighbours would be right on top of you?

Edit: not enough panelling for me. :nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here