Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Moved to Sullington in 2001, have no intention of leaving, although a little Flat somewhere in Italy would be nice for those dreary winter months - research ongoing...

Probably due to your superfluous capital 'F', I read that as you yearned after a 'little FIAT' to spend your Italian winters in!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Born in Brighton General (about 10 years after it had stopped being the workhouse). Lived here until uni at Bradford and then London for 22 years. Moved back to Brighton 13 years ago and hope to be here until the end of my days.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nearly all my life in Sussex.

17 in Haywards Heath
3½ in Lincolnshire in the RAF
32 in Brighton

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Went to uni in Bristol in 2006 and lived in Cheltenham since 2010. Very happy living in the South West and returning to Brighton for the odd long weekend.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Aye, more out than in. 0-2 in Reading, and then a little under two decades in Brighton. The last 22 years have been in London, university and onwards, a collection of tales of non-progression and mild mishappery then unfolding. I'd say Brighton remains home, whilst here in the big and eerie smoke, but each time I return to visit mother Meade, or the junior siblings Meade, it's a slightly alien place to me - don't recall the Lewes Road all those years ago being a pure haven for students. I have been thinking for a short of maybe returning, so perhaps it's time to look into that properly.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Bevendean Crescent, Warleigh Road, Eaton Place, Roundhill Road, Exeter Street, Stonecroft Close, Florence Road, Westway Gardens, Solway Avenue, has been my path. Mostly Brighton with a bit of Hangleton and a dash of Mile Oak.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've now lived in Kent for more of my life than I lived in Sussex.

Came up here for University, met my wife, and have never moved back.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Born in Hastings and grew up just outside and still live in the area. Lived in Brighton for 2 years 20 years back. Lived in Botswana for 2 and a bit years too but other than that always been Sussex by the sea for me.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lived in Brighton 1963-1993, Eastbourne 1993-1998, DEVON 1998-2001, Eastbourne 2001 to now.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Went to Bristol Poly in 87. Stayed afterwards around Bristol and Bath getting my football fix watching City and Rovers but the most exciting part of the game was hearing the half-time scores and how we were doing. Lovely part of the Country and explored a lot of the South West and Wales, but the call to the South Coast was too strong and moved back at the beginning of 99.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
In order - Biggin Hill, Tunbridge Wells, Littlehampton, Angmering, East Preston, Holywood (Co. Down), Rustington, Greenville (South Carolina), EP, Haringey, Hornsey, Camden Town, Crawley.

Edit: Looks like me and [MENTION=3110]Paul Reids Sock[/MENTION] were born in the same town.

I thought I was the only one! Smashing little town Biggin Hill, I miss it despite the fact there is practically nothing there (until you read into the history)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Born in Hastings and grew up just outside and still live in the area. Lived in Brighton for 2 years 20 years back. Lived in Botswana for 2 and a bit years too but other than that always been Sussex by the sea for me.

Love to go to Botswana

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
1960 - Born in Woodingdean
1967 - moved to Saltdean
1983 - moved into flat with g/f in Haywards Heath
1987 - married and moved to Burgess Hill
1992 - moved to bigger house in Burgess Hill with 2 kids
2002 - moved to Telford with work, mainly as a direct result of 9/11

Folks still in Saltdean, get back couple of times a year - miss the sea and the prom - Albion away games have been my fix for the last 10 years but this might now have to end due to inadequate loyalty points

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Lived in West Yorkshire for about 6 years. 3 at Uni and 3 immediately afterwards. Lived in Barnsley, Wakefield and a village outside Huddersfield. I loved the West Riding. Interesting folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Left Brighton to go to uni in Manchester - and effectively never lived there again (apart from holidays). That was 48 years ago.
Manchester ain't that bad - except for the weather and the time/cost it takes to get to Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here