Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Raised in Sussex. 36 years ago went to live in Australia now living in NZ.
Miss the Pub culture although the 2 things I really miss no longer exist. My old local, ( turned into flats) & the Goldstone.

Over the years been back a few times for visits. But could never move back because of the long winter months.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
6 months of the year underwater on a submarine for 3 years
Have no idea where I went in that time
Same as my Brother inlaw Born Cuckfield who now lives in Scotland retired on Full navy pension loved the subs I go with him to the Army vs Navy rugby at Twickenham that's day out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Born in Sussex, Dad was in the Armed Forces so spent time as a kid in Middlesex (Uxbridge and Stanmore) and Oxfordshire (Brize Norton). We moved back to Sussex in 2000 when Dad left the RAF, family still live there but I moved to Northumberland a few months ago in order to move in with my partner.

I miss Sussex and my family, and I suspect I'll very much miss the Albion when the season starts, but I still feel I made the right choice to move and am happy up here.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Left Sussex for work lived in 8 different counties now Wales and will stay here. Unfortunately my visits to BHA will stop due to money and loyalty points but have seen us play in 90+ stadiums so have done my time.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Portsmouth/Southsea, then Liverpool for 11 years and Nottingham (West Bridgford actually) for 10. STH at Withdean whilst living in Notts - a fair old journey every other Saturday that was!
Now living on the border of Brighton & Hove and only ever going to leave again in a box!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Brighton until Warwick Uni at 18 then Leyton, Muswell Hill, Southfields, Dallas and briefly Maida Vale. Lewes since 91 and unlikely to be anywhere else now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Born in Scotland and moved to south London as a nipper hence the Palace support. Followed this up with a couple of years in Bayswater and then onto East Sussex where I spent 30 odd years living in the greatest county in the land. Currently living in Dorset due to the location of my business.

I'd move back like a shot if the opportunity arose, I really miss Sussex and still return whenever I can.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cheshire Born & Bred, moved all around the UK for work in the 1980's & 1990's until I met Mrs Jakarta who lived in Portslade spent a few years just seeing her at weekends before moving in with her in Pease Pottage (1995) & getting married (1996).

Moved to Sullington in 2001, have no intention of leaving, although a little Flat somewhere in Italy would be nice for those dreary winter months - research ongoing...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Born in Brighton. Moved around between Hove, Portslade and central Brighton before being offered the chance to travel with my job. Then spent a year in Sydney, 8 months in Tokyo and nearly 3 years in Taipei, Taiwan. Back in Portslade now but if I was ever offered another ex-pat posting I'd definitely take it.

6 months of the year underwater on a submarine for 3 years
Have no idea where I went in that time

My mate that I sit with at home games was a submariner for years. He has very vivid and specific memories of a certain "RnR" stop off in the Philippines :whistle:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Born in Seaford 1970, as a home birthing experiment, each month one child was born at home, I was the June version. Apparently they stopped it after that year, so technically I may be one of only 12 true Seafordians.

Lived there for 31 years, worked at the Argus for 15 of those, before selling up and moving to Southern California, where I am now settled in Huntington Beach with two boys and a hard working wife that is way above my station.

I have been a stay at home dad for 10 years and get to surf or ride my bikes every day while the kids are at school, and my role is to look after everything else, best job I have ever had.

Manage to get home to the Ford with my family every few years, but make a point of joining a mates surf trip to Fuertenventura every March, about 14 of us questioning each others hair lines, waist lines and sexuality...that is what one of the things I miss the most, the mates, but also the coastline of East Sussex, walking down to Hope Gap to enjoy natures finest work, very good memories.

Does your Mrs have any 25-30 y/o lady-friends looking for a charming young strapping English Gent?
:wave:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Actually grew up in south London and moved to Sussex in mid 20s. Have lived here longer than anywhere else now and have adopted it as my home.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've never lived out of Sussex but a plan is formulating to change that.

Find myself recently single after a six year relationship and in the position of not really enjoying my job. So, rough plan is to stick it out down here for another year so I can enjoy our debut Premier League season and then find myself a job up north somewhere, sell my flat and move away.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
hadnt really thought about it until i saw this.
London and 11 counties so far.

Maybe have one more big move left in me, after that im done

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Left for Uni in Liverpool at 18 (1989), lived there for 4 years, and met my wife-to-be in the process. She is from Winchester, so we ended up in this neck of the woods afterwards, and have been ever since.

Hope to settle back in Sussex one day. Will save a lot of driving. I drive down the A27 to either my parents' house, the Albion or to play cricket, about 40 times a year. That's a bit of a drag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here