Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just London/Streatham Hill

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, complete Sussex JCL. Born in Devon, lived there until aged 21, then lived in the Channel Islands for about 4 years (work transfer) before moving to Burgess Hill in 1991. Been here since and wouldn't swap for the world. Now consider Sussex home, kids were born here.

D

Deleted User X18H

Furthest I got from B&H was Uckfield back in 89 and for while in 1991.

Full of Palace

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
After taking early retirement a number of circumstances combined that encouraged me and the wife to move to our holiday home in France. That was in 2004 and we spent almost ten years in Burgundy enjoying the quiet village life with occasional visits to Dijon for a taste of city life. We returned to Sussex in 2013, initially on a visit to family and friends. However, fate intervened and after a spell in hospital we opted to remain here. Although I miss the French countryside, wine and restaurants I am happy to once again follow Albion more closely by attending a few matches rather than using 'seagull player'.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Lived in Cambridge, Cheltenham and Basildon for a total of 22 years. Moved back to Sussex three years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Left Sussex at the age of 15 to join the RAF in 1961. Only came back to visit family and friends with the odd trips to the Goldtone and Amex. Now reside 35 miles north of St James park. My significant other half is a Newcastle supporter so we have had an interesting last season and one co.ing up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Born in Hove, lived there 24 yrs before moving to Lewes. Lived there 20 years before moving to Eastbourne. Lived there 24 years before marriage went wonky. Moved to Turkey 1 year ago because I could not afford to live in England on my pension. end of live story, sorry to have bored you but makes a change from false transfer rubbish.

Last edited:

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Moved from Southwick aged 14, so have spent the whole of my adult life away from Brighton. Aside from not being able to watch the Albion on a regular basis, I miss being close to the sea. I don't miss the property prices though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Born in Hove, lived there 24 yrs before moving to Lewes. Lived there 20 years before moving to Eastbourne. Lived there 24 years before marriage went wonky. Moved to Turkey 1 year ago because I could not afford to live in England on my pension. end of live story, sorry to have bored you but makes a change from false transfer rubbish.

There's nothing ever boring on this site :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Born in Brighton and I lived in Sussex until 2000 (when I was 29) when I moved to the Bristol area, living in parts of North Somerset as well as Bristol itself.

Retuned to Sussex in 2013. Despite living in exile for so long, I always considered Sussex home, and it was great to move back.

Both my kids were born in the West County, but I was successful in beating all traces of a Wurzel accent out of them.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Only "lived" in Sussex for 5 years, aged 13-18, at school. However, the first of those years is when I first got into football and started following my "local" team. Every couple of years I seriously consider moving to Sussex. This thread has possibly kick started the process again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Only "lived" in Sussex for 5 years, aged 13-18, at school. However, the first of those years is when I first got into football and started following my "local" team. Every couple of years I seriously consider moving to Sussex. This thread has possibly kick started the process again.

Do it, you know you want to :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The last time you told me you were considering moving back to Sussex you revealed you'd bought somewhere.

Me: "Where, Brighton itself?"
You: "Huntingdon."

Shout if you need some help with geography this time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The last time you told me you were considering moving back to Sussex you revealed you'd bought somewhere.

Me: "Where, Brighton itself?"
You: "Huntingdon."

Shout if you need some help with geography this time.

He's building an empire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here