Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are obviously some known posters on here who have locations on profiles or talk of their location and I'm sure there must be others.
So, in the interests of just being a bit curious, where did you go, why did you move? Did/do you like life out of Sussex, what did/do you miss? Etc

Bit bored and curious of a Sunday evening.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Lived in South Africa for 12 years. Went to try to give my autistic son a better upbringing and to start my own business. Have been in the North East now for nearly a year. When I stayed in Sussex for 3 weeks last September I found it extremely crowded and busy, not really how I remember it. Frighteningly expensive too. Not really missing it at the moment as the scenery, surroundings and people up here are really rather marvellous. Not grim at all. Shocking, I know!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lived in Abingdon, Germany, France, Ruislip, Holland and Cyprus before coming to boarding school in Sussex (father in the forces). Then during my time at boarding school my folks lived in Cyprus (again), Holland (again), Weston Super Mare and Brize Norton (Oxfordshire). Once I'd finished with school I briefly lived in Oxfordshire before moving the Sussex when I was 20, where I've been ever since.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
5 years in Birmingham, as soon as eldest was born decided to move back as there was no way he would be talking with that shite accent and singing "keep right on to the end of the road"

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Left home in Bexhill to join the RAF.
Various postings around the world.
Ended up back in the UK, moving to London area for work.
Have missed being in Sussex as a whole, being by the sea, family, the countryside and of course the Albion.
Will be back, I'm very sure of that :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8033581 said:
Lived in Hawaii, London and now Costa Rica. Still miss Brighton and Sussex!

Hawaii, what were you doing there? Is it as relaxed as it appears in films etc?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Moved from Kemp Town to Ashford in Kent in 87 as Ashford was going to be a boom town with the Eurotunnel international station being sited there. Unfortunately there was a lot of wrangling regarding the station and nothing happened before the property bubble burst. I lost my house and ended up in Sittingbourne instead. Was one of a handful of people who were happy with our sojourn at Priestfield.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
5 years in London-1991-1996. University and then work. Lived in the East End - Bethnal Green, Mile End. In those days the areas were full of "characters "!! Happy times though - but really missed Sussex and the Albion (obviously!)
Got my football fix by going to Leyton Orient and West Ham. Loved Upton Park in those days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would I do that?

D

Deleted User X18H

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8033605 said:
I was in high school in Honolulu - it was pretty relaxed!

I visited Oahu in 93. Stayed at the Prince Kuhio Hotel on Prince Kuhio Avenue. Great fun.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have lived in Sussex all my life.
Born and bred in Brighton and lived there for 32 years. Also lived in Sompting for a very short time and Seaford for nearly 3 years.
Live in Newhaven now obviously.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here