Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Lived in Brighton for first 25 years of my life, and then moved to Essex to be with the missus. My only real tie to Brighton now (other than the Albion) is my mum - mates have either moved away too, or I've lost touch with them over the years. I still really think of it as home, but realistically not sure I will ever live in the area again, which is a shame.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Yep Busbridge Lane

The Rose & Crown, The Sun Inn and my old favourite The Cider House (I think it has closed now)

Yup, 'fraid you're right. Ye Olde Cider House is long gone, Rose and Crown is a pop -up pub now, whatever that means but the Sun inn still going. Good beer in there. I live 1/4 mile from one end of Busbridge Lane so you'll have some idea of my journey to the Amex.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Spent the early 90's in Eastern Europe. Prague and Brno in Czechoslovakia as it was then, later transferred to Zagreb in the former Jugoslavia before being 'evacuated' out to Warsaw when Croatia declared independence...why Warsaw I hear you ask, because that is where the plane was going I answer. Never left the airport though and about 13 hours later ended up at LHR or was it LGW, I'm not sure. A year or two back in the UK and then it was Moscow for three of the best years of my life.

Oh there was also a temp job working a summer season on ships around the Greek Islands whilst waiting for a permanent position to materialise.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Moved from Brighton to reading as a young teenager...Then after 28 years or so in reading I moved to didcot for 8 months before buying a house in Swindon a few months ago.

Don't miss Brighton and don't intend to ever move back there :)

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Grew up in Leicestershire and moved to Brighton in 1987 as a 19 year old. Moved to Rutland in 2008 to care for my now late Mother.

Considering the Hull area next as a couple of friends from Brighton are moving there soon.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Twenty plus years out of the country (not all at one time), but Sussex is, always has been, and always will be "home".

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Moved twice since living with parent's, all 3 properties are within 5 minutes of each other

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was born in Cambridge, and lived there until I was 20. i went to University in London, and stayed - I lived there for 10 years. Me and Mrs Mahone moved to Brighton in 1992, and have been here ever since.

We have bought a house in France though, and are spending more and more time there. But we won't sell up in Brighton. At least, not yet.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mostly.
Australia for several years,
Leicestershire, Humberside, Nottinghamshire with work.
Somersetshire in retirement.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Left Portslade when I joined the RAF in 1979
Went to Wiltshire
1981 - 85 Hong Kong
1986 Lossiemouth Scotland
1987-1993 Wildenrath Germany
1993 posted to Brize Norton and bought a house in Swindon
2008-2011 Manila Philippines.( after leaving RAF)
2011 Back to Swindon

Dont miss Brighton at all, to expensive and not my sort of town now.

Do miss being home an hour after football finishes.( minimum 2-3 hours) from the AMEX

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Born in Harrogate spent a year there moved to Mauritius for 2 years than moved to Hassocks now living in Saltdean.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I left Sussex in 2003 (lived there since 1977), I ran away with my 1.5 year old from my boyfriend who was violent.
I moved to Cambridgeshire and lived in a refuge for a bit, been here (Cambs) ever since (got married and had 2 more children).
I still miss the scenery and being near Brighton for obvious reasons :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here