Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You'd need a decent lawnmower. Or a large herd of sheep.

I think I would feel rather uneasy living in such a large house and so far from anywhere. Would give me the creeps a bit.
Although I could always fill it with hookers and get off my mittens on Coke and rum every day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Born in Brighton work-house (it was temporarily re-opened when the maternity ward had to be closed because of an outbreak of something deadly (diphtheria I think) which killed several babies and nurses). Always cast up 'born in the workhouse' to embarrass my Mum, who never failed to be mortified! Only lived in Sussex for about five or six years in total, none of them since the early 70s.
Became aware of the Albion in 1957 (whilst living in Polegate) - never been any other team for me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think I would feel rather uneasy living in such a large house and so far from anywhere. Would give me the creeps a bit.
Although I could always fill it with hookers and get off my mittens on Coke and rum every day.

Presumably there would be plenty of staff around to chat to on an estate that size. You could be like Ted & Ralph on The Fast Show :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Left Sussex for University, then swapped various Sussex commutes for the daily drive to West London from Worthing.

Then lived all around London before being stuck in it's North-West suburbs where I still get lost trying to get to the A40 through the dreary 30s identikit urban sprawl.

Escaped to work in Switzerland for a while but totally love London (plus large cities in general - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Milan, Bologna, Barcelona and Bern are favourites ) and always finding another part of London to explore at the weekend (north of the river, of course and well away from SE25). as a viable alternative to a rushed 48 hours elsewhere in Europe.

Trips to the Amex and relatives near Brighton are normally a mad dash around the M25 or via Southern Fail/Thames-Missing-Link but still a doddle compared chaffeuring my wife to visit her relatives in Scotland every 6 weeks or so.

Not coming back; Catalonia, Italy, Scotland are options when cutting back work commitments as already over 60 and will try and do another stint abroad being paid in euros before the Brexit door is shut firm in our faces.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A snip at £19.5 million - but a paltry 40 acres

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53865958.html

Stunning classical Georgian style country house of over 17,000 sq ft, with state of the art interior, set in a superb rural location with spectacular views. Located on the edge of the quintessential English village of Lurgashall in West Sussex, midway between Guildford and Chichester. Ideally located for polo at Cowdray Park and motor and horse racing at Goodwood.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always a concern when there isn't a single photo of the inside of the house(s). Squatters, perhaps?

Besides, Dorking?

True, true.

Famous for nothing much besides an enormous cock.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Here you go: a fifteen minute walk from Haywards Heath Station, eight bedrooms (that's what you were after, right?), 20 acres of gardens, vast outdoor swimming pool, several garages for the Ferrari collection, and a couple of spare cottages attached in which to house the good lady when she's in a bad mood (what?). Worth every penny of the £5 million asking price I'd say :jester:

Grade II listed though, so no scope to attach a three storey modernist man cave :nono:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61965518.html

Would you agree that Right Move etc could be perceived as a burglars catalogue:shrug:

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A snip at £19.5 million - but a paltry 40 acres

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53865958.html

Stunning classical Georgian style country house of over 17,000 sq ft, with state of the art interior, set in a superb rural location with spectacular views. Located on the edge of the quintessential English village of Lurgashall in West Sussex, midway between Guildford and Chichester. Ideally located for polo at Cowdray Park and motor and horse racing at Goodwood.

"Georgian style...". Isn't that like Mock Tudor?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lived in Liverpool 14 years from the age of 26 until returning home to Sussex at 40. Massively missed the downs, sea and weald. Homesickness and the fact that we could give our boys a better life here played a big part in moving back.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Born in Brighton, lived in Hove and Portslade.. did most of my schooling in Southern Africa.. finished in Shoreham.... then lived in London, Lancing, Mile Oak, Hove...... moved to the West Country... here I am 26 years later.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Born and brought up in peacehaven, left in 1975 to join the Royal Marines.
Left the forces in 1984 and lived in Pompey until my marriage broke up in 1993.
Moved back to newhaven where I lived until 2015 when I moved up north to Wadhurst cos I met a woman with massive tits who I love muchly.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not in the local Hatch End and Pinner chain restaurants which are normally given a wide berth. Have to travel further to get a decent coffee or beer; unbelievably it's cheaper in the City and Hampstead.

Normally venture out to Bucks area, great pubs with real beer, not the local (to me) pond water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here