Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you lived out of Sussex in your adult life?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Out of Sussex almost all of my adult life.
Sussex (till 19) - Suffolk - Aus - NZ- Thailand - Glos - Sussex - Canada - Brazil (28 y/o)

Got back to Sussex Weds, leaving tomorrow.
4 days is more than enough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Born in Brighton (Buckingham road maternity hospital). Raised in Rottingdean 58-63, then Portslade till 76. Uni in London 76-79. Brighton 79-80, Crawley 80-81, Edgware 81-82, Vancouver Canada 82-86, Brixton 86-89, Faversham 89 to now.

Like another poster, I found Pissfilled refreshingly local. :cheers:

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sussex (Shoreham, Worthing,Fittleworth)
Aldershot
Basingstoke
Dachet
Wigan
Godalming
Manchester
Southgate (London)
Potters Bar
Camden
Islington
Sussex (Brighton)

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Born in Seaford 1970, as a home birthing experiment, each month one child was born at home, I was the June version. Apparently they stopped it after that year, so technically I may be one of only 12 true Seafordians.

Lived there for 31 years, worked at the Argus for 15 of those, before selling up and moving to Southern California, where I am now settled in Huntington Beach with two boys and a hard working wife that is way above my station.

I have been a stay at home dad for 10 years and get to surf or ride my bikes every day while the kids are at school, and my role is to look after everything else, best job I have ever had.

Manage to get home to the Ford with my family every few years, but make a point of joining a mates surf trip to Fuertenventura every March, about 14 of us questioning each others hair lines, waist lines and sexuality...that is what one of the things I miss the most, the mates, but also the coastline of East Sussex, walking down to Hope Gap to enjoy natures finest work, very good memories.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Newcastle and Bulgaria

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Aside from living away when at college and university, I've only lived in London and Sussex. Moved to the capital in the late 1980s and stayed ever since, though I seem to spend an increasing amount of time in Sussex these days - either visiting family, watching the Albion or walking the Downs. Will probably move back at some point!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Born in Brighton, raised in Newhaven. Left to study in London where I remained for 16 years. Decided to move to Hove where I remained for 10 years and then decided to move abroad.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Never lived in Sussex.

I lived in Biggin Hill until I was 18
Then moved to Reading for Uni, met a girl, stayed for 10 years
Now we live with our two boys right at the top of Hampshire

The plan is to one day move down south, probably when the boys are grown up. It's a long way off (youngest is 4 months)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Born in Seaford 1970, as a home birthing experiment, each month one child was born at home, I was the June version. Apparently they stopped it after that year, so technically I may be one of only 12 true Seafordians.

Lived there for 31 years, worked at the Argus for 15 of those, before selling up and moving to Southern California, where I am now settled in Huntington Beach with two boys and a hard working wife that is way above my station.

I have been a stay at home dad for 10 years and get to surf or ride my bikes every day while the kids are at school, and my role is to look after everything else, best job I have ever had.

Manage to get home to the Ford with my family every few years, but make a point of joining a mates surf trip to Fuertenventura every March, about 14 of us questioning each others hair lines, waist lines and sexuality...that is what one of the things I miss the most, the mates, but also the coastline of East Sussex, walking down to Hope Gap to enjoy natures finest work, very good memories.

Interesting that you move from Seaford to SCal and I move to Seaford from SCal (via Horsham) .... I also missed many of the things you take for granted when here but even now wouldn't like to say which is/was my preferred. Chalk and Cheese!

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I loved growing up in Shoreham with such easy access to the beach, downs and river when I was kid and I regret my children not having all that freedom, as we are in Tokyo city. I do miss Sussex very much in some ways but have no immediate plans to return.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Only lived in Sussex for a short time as a very young boy. Born in Lincolnshire lived in
Louth
Saltdean
Ipswich
Felixstowe
Gardenstown- a very small fishing village in Aberdeenshire
Now back home in Louth Lincolnshire
Always followed the Albion as family were from Brighton area

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Born in Shoreham, raised in Lancing. Since my late teens/early twenties have lived in Liverpool, New Zealand, and now Canada - with brief interludes back in Sussex

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In order - Biggin Hill, Tunbridge Wells, Littlehampton, Angmering, East Preston, Holywood (Co. Down), Rustington, Greenville (South Carolina), EP, Haringey, Hornsey, Camden Town, Crawley.

Edit: Looks like me and [MENTION=3110]Paul Reids Sock[/MENTION] were born in the same town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here