Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenneth Zohore

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For the manager to take a personal look you would have to say there is real concrete interest.

I've heard CH takes a personal look at a multitude of potential targets, so wouldn't read too much into it. Know somebody who bumped into him on a plane within a couple of weeks of promotion. He'd already taken in loads of games and was off on another scouting mission.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've heard CH takes a personal look at a multitude of potential targets, so wouldn't read too much into it. Know somebody who bumped into him on a plane within a couple of weeks of promotion. He'd already taken in loads of games and was off on another scouting mission.

Exactly. Watching players is his job. He does it all the time. Doesn't necessarily mean they're signing tomorrow.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
None of our striker bids are imminent seemingly

Well sourced reports that we bid £8m for Raphael Dwamena only a week ago.
And there was no reporting anywhere that we'd had a £10m bid for Propper and a £13m bid for Izquierdo accepted until the day they both put pen to paper.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For the manager to take a personal look you would have to say there is real concrete interest.

I agree but I think it's also essential that the players we are targeting along with their agents and clubs realise we have many irons in the fire.

When you are clearly after one target (like Everton & Sigurdsson) you are going to have to pay top top money. It's much better to give the impression that you have many options on the table.

Hopefully the folk at Zurich have noted Hughton's appearance in Cardiff and won't try and screw us too much if we go back for Raph Dwemena.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Where was the flight to ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well sourced reports that we bid £8m for Raphael Dwamena only a week ago.
And there was no reporting anywhere that we'd had a £10m bid for Propper and a £13m bid for Izquierdo accepted until the day they both put pen to paper.

That was over a week ago... If we are still negotiating on the Dwamena front things must be complex to take so long. I do trust the team to get it right though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That was over a week ago... If we are still negotiating on the Dwamena front things must be complex to take so long. I do trust the team to get it right though.

Yep. But All transfers are complex these days especially dealing with foreign clubs, agents, and the premier league etc.. See this good piece by Brian Owen in the Argus on how the transfer for Maty Ryan was finalised.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/153...ow_Albion_pieced_together_the_Maty_Ryan_deal/

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He had a good 6 months but then again so did Nick Blackwell before he went to Derby from Reading. Compared to our recent signings this wouldn't get me too excited. 10-12 million is the going rate for a top championship striker(if not more) but I would be reticent about taking the plunge with this guy.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He had a good 6 months but then again so did Nick Blackwell before he went to Derby from Reading. Compared to our recent signings this wouldn't get me too excited. 10-12 million is the going rate for a top championship striker(if not more) but I would be reticent about taking the plunge with this guy.

I like the look of him. He would appear to have all the attributes that a top striker would need. Physicality, Pace and an eye for goal. He is a lefty as well which offers something a little different. 24 years of age I believe. I'm in if the fee is not too excessive. If he nets 20+ this season for cardiff he'll be 20m+ next year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Blackman.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No actual bid yet suggests we are waiting on Dwamena as first choice - much the same attributes. Much the same gamble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here