Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Picture do you have Hanging in your Living Room?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A photo of me and the missus climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge, a picture taken under the Niagara Falls from the Maid of the Mists, another of us on the Brooklyn Bridge, and one of us in traditional dress renewing our wedding vows in Bali.
All aimed at provoking memories as my wife suffers from dementia.

Last edited:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Above the fireplace. a large framed photo of the Three Sisters Mountain in Canmore in the Canadian Rockies at sunset. Other wall, prints of paintings of the Cullins in Skye and the Calinish Stones on Harris/Lewis. Third wall prints of pheasant, grouse, red and grey partridge, woodcock and mallard, with a commissioned painting of my gundogs in the centre.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
..........but it fits my rather odd criteria. Any other suggestions greatly received. Would love a Nina Simone picture in the same vein.

DUtch-Archvies-Nina-Simone-50780778b1c7edcbc67b286f2536a9004742f42029d37a7b0931403abcb78471-e146.jpg

c0ff01d5d6337889fa8e8391b6708487.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This one above the inglenook, looks genuinely stunning when the log fire is burning and flickering across the car.

IMG_2571.JPG

This one on the wall above the couch. I lost my virginity to the babysitter on that couch while this film that I got sent by default from Britannia video club was playing on the telly. Powerful memory.

IMG_2572.JPG

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A painting by Mrs Not Andy Naylor of the electricity pylons on Southwick Hill. Looks far better than it sounds.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A painting by Mrs Not Andy Naylor of the electricity pylons on Southwick Hill. Looks far better than it sounds.

This reminds me of an engineer I used to work with who planned his holidays around visiting countries which had adopted different styles and shapes of pylon. He'd research assiduously the type of pylon used in a country prior to booking his trip so as not to see the same type of pylon again, and then travel around photographing the pylons. He'd typically take 200-300 photos, arranging them in his album on his return.

I once asked him if it wouldn't be cheaper to take up a UK-based hobby rather than travelling all over the world, "trainspotting, perhaps?" "I once went trainspotting, but I found the spotters a bit rowdy", he replied.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ive got a few music related items including two Jamie Reid's and a rock photography phase yielded an Ian Dixon, a Tom Sheehan and a Robert Altman. I also have a Modern Toss (plus a handwritten message from them calling me a **** for moving from Brighton to Germany :lolol:) These are all in storage until we move into our new place.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A picture of a sunset I took from my favourite beach in Negril.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This one above the inglenook, looks genuinely stunning when the log fire is burning and flickering across the car.

View attachment 87552

This one on the wall above the couch. I lost my virginity to the babysitter on that couch while this film that I got sent by default from Britannia video club was playing on the telly. Powerful memory.

View attachment 87553

How old were you to shag the babysitter? Although after reading some of your annoying posts you probably still have one.............

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How old were you to shag the babysitter? Although after reading some of your annoying posts you probably still have one.............[/QUOTE

It takes a special kind of wally to get annoyed at posts on a largely irreverent foootball forum especially posts that are clearly jokes but I'm glad to be a part of your misery.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
How old were you to shag the babysitter? Although after reading some of your annoying posts you probably still have one.............[/QUOTE

It takes a special kind of wally to get annoyed at posts on a largely irreverent foootball forum especially posts that are clearly jokes but I'm glad to be a part of your misery.

You just missed my joke with a rant and a flounce. This may help you:

Annoying synonyms: irritating, infuriating, exasperating, maddening, trying, tiresome, troublesome, bothersome, irksome, vexing, vexatious, galling, provoking, displeasing; awkward, difficult, inconvenient; informalaggravating, pesky, cussed, confounded, infernal, pestiferous, plaguy, pestilent, punchable

The word is an adjective describing your posts not my reaction to your posts. Now, to repeat, how old were you when you shagged your babysitter and why did you have a babysitter at that age?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Now, to repeat, how old were you when you shagged your babysitter and why did you have a babysitter at that age?
My interpretation of the baby sitter scenario was more abstracted. I read it as the baby sitter was not there to baby sit the Clamp but to babysit his child which wasn't biologically his hence the ensuing loss of his virginity. I thought it was a clever cuckold joke.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My interpretation of the baby sitter scenario was more abstracted. I read it as the baby sitter was not there to baby sit the Clamp but to babysit his child which wasn't biologically his hence the ensuing loss of his virginity. I thought it was a clever cuckold joke.

Interesting take on it. I read it as meaning that he lost his virginity at a normal sort of age, ie pre owning his own place, and that consequently he was still living with his parents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here