Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Keyboard player ever ?

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
John Tout was excellent. He was on 'Imagine', but was in error credited with acoustic guitar! Not bad to have on your CV.......................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dave Sinclair of Caravan
Robert Wyatt
Guy Evans of VDGG

And if charm and originality isn't enough, the virtuoso madman of all time was Jan Hammer during his Mahavishnu days. Check out Birds of Fire.

Some of the suggestions on here are pathetic. I enjoy a bit of duran but to cite the keyboardist as anything special let alone the best is like saying that Peter Taylor was the best English football player ever. FFS. :ffsparr::lolol:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Dave Stewart of Hatfield & The North, Khan, National Health etc . because I love that Canterbury fuzz organ sound. I'll also throw in Dave Greenslade and Joe Zawinul.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Technically the best, or best at playing what a song required? Eddie Jobson, Joe Zawinul or Rick Wakeman in the first category, Nicky Hopkins, Thomas Dolby, Bernie Worrell or Rick Wakeman in the second.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jean Michel Jarre
Dave Greenfield

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So how do you explain George Martin, Mal Evans, Nicky Hopkin & Chris Thomas also being invited to play keyboard with the Beatles?

I think Billy Preston was the only one to play on a whole album and to play live with the Beatles

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I like a lot Duran, but Nick Rhodes no way. Jools Holland fine pianist, but I would go with Dave Greenfield.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here