The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They've now signed

Walker £45m
Mendy £52m
Danilo £26.5m

They're clearly worried about the Jiri Skalak threat on the opening day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we switch the game back to Withdean? That'll give us a much better chance :smile:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Certainly a couple years ago Danilo was excellent and young. But they added him AND Walker when both are right backs? Will they be using one as a RCB in a 5? Or putting both on the pitch with less aggressive wingers? That's crazy

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They are struggling with transfers this window though, apparently.

Yep, more unadulterated bollox from Naylor there

#BHAFC first day #EPL opponents #MCFC have spent more money on full backs this weekend than #BHAFC have spent in their 116 yr existence

Ridiculous. I'd love it if we could get a result.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, more unadulterated bollox from Naylor there

Ridiculous. I'd love it if we could get a result.

Me too. Can you imagine the whole of the Amex singing to the City fans (to the tune of "You don't know what you're doing") You need to spend more money. :)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We're going to beat them. If we can do them at the Withdean, then the Amex is going to be an electric-wheelchair in the park.

You can smell the fear in their signings. They obviously signed Walker and thought " shit! what if he's defending against March?" so they went and spent big on Mendy, but quickly realised he'll struggle against Knockaert's skill. So again, they went big on Danillo based on the pretence he would be able to cope with the speed of March and the skill of Knockaert. Again, they soon found out he'd also struggle, this time against Skalak's crossing and that famous Czech determination he possess.

Desperate times for Man City. Reminds me of the days back in 2008.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We're going to beat them. If we can do them at the Withdean, then the Amex is going to be an electric-wheelchair in the park.

You can smell the fear in their signings. They obviously signed Walker and thought " shit! what if he's defending against March?" so they went and spent big on Mendy, but quickly realised he'll struggle against Knockaert's skill. So again, they went big on Danillo based on the pretence he would be able to cope with the speed of March and the skill of Knockaert. Again, they soon found out he'd also struggle, this time against Skalak's crossing and that famous Czech determination he possess.

Desperate times for Man City. Reminds me of the days back in 2008.

Are they going to play 8 across the back?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I've heard rumours going about that they've enquired about being able to field 2 goalkeepers at the same time.
They'll need them, too. We will come out all guns blazing. Easiest 3 points of the season by far. Like taking candy from a baby...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here