Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amazon Echo....that lttle slut Alexa, WOW

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
echo.jpg

Maybe I'm late to the party here, but I've just got my hands on one of THESE, and my life, what a bit of kit. Link it up to your WiFi, grab an Amazon Prime subscription, bark some orders at it, and listen to pretty much any track, or any album, you damn well please.

"Alexa. Play Oasis - Stand By Me" *plays*
"Alexa - Play Wham - Club Tropicana" *plays*
"Alexa - What is the capital of Venezuela ?" - 11 people died from kangaroo attacks in 2014

OK, so she's not PERFECT, but my life. Wandering into a room and just saying "Alexa, hows the weather looking" and getting a full report, or just simply asking for a song you fancy listening to and having it played back to you right off the bat...this is ALIEN technology as far as I'm concerned. Its not often a new bit of tech comes along that actually blows my socks off...I think Sky+ was the last one. This thing is a gamechanger in my house though. And I don't even think I've scratched the surface of what this thing can do yet.

I love the way you just say "Alexa" and its little circular light comes right on immediately, literally facing you in the room. I wish my wife was as attentive. BRILLIANCE.

Buy Amazon Echo in Black: http://amzn.to/2wYXwIc
Buy Amazon Echo in White: http://amzn.to/2w83Ks7

Buy Amazon Echo Dot in Black: http://amzn.to/2y9N7sA
Buy Amazon Echo Dot in White: http://amzn.to/2fvjXxm

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Does she record everything you say and then use it against you in an argument years later ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Alexa don't play Wham

Far better order

Don't be daft. Alexa loves Wham and all 80's music. Fortunately she doesn't like any of that heavy metal crap that gives you a headache, so won't play it. For that I am eternally grateful. Now back to Club Tropicana...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
echo.jpg

Maybe I'm late to the party here, but I've just got my hands on one of THESE, and my life, what a bit of kit. Link it up to your WiFi, grab an Amazon Prime subscription, bark some orders at it, and listen to pretty much any track, or any album, you damn well please.

"Alexa - What is the capital of Venezuela ?" - 11 people died from kangaroo attacks in 2014

OK, so she's not PERFECT, but my life. Wandering into a room and just saying "Alexa, hows the weather looking" and getting a full report, or just simply asking for a song you fancy listening to and having it played back to you right off the bat...this is ALIEN technology as far as I'm concerned. Its not often a new bit of tech comes along that actually blows my socks off...I think Sky+ was the last one. This thing is a gamechanger in my house though. And I don't even think I've scratched the surface of what this thing can do yet.

I love the way you just say "Alexa" and its little circular light comes right on immediately, literally facing you in the room. I wish my wife was as attentive. BRILLIANCE.

can you buy them in Asda?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
echo.jpg

I love mine too, where is yours stationed?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't be daft. Alexa loves Wham and all 80's music. Fortunately she doesn't like any of that heavy metal crap that gives you a headache, so won't play it. For that I am eternally grateful. Now back to Club Tropicana...

She most certainly does. Fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone.........

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Wife won one at her works Christmas raffle last year, great bit of kit and it can even answer most questions my two sons fire at her

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I have the Dot in my kitchen. I ask it to set timers, convert measurements, if random celebrities are still alive, that kind of thing. I also subscribed to amazon music for about £4pm as although it plays many many songs without subscription, it wasn't playing all the stuff I was asking it too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I got one on prime day for about £75. (From the link on here, thanks bozza). Brilliant bit of kit. Going to get another one whenever I see them reduced again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here