Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amazon Echo....that lttle slut Alexa, WOW

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not pouring scorn on anyone who favours such a device
And I'm not pouring scorn on people who don't need it. Some people don't listen to music etc. But saying it's no more convenient that playing music on your PC is just daft.
I just don't like the idea of a bug in my house
That's a separate argument, and while it holds no water, I realise people are skeptical of new things like this.
and do not find any hardship in doing the (supposed) work which it would apparently save me.

Regarding listening to music while doing something, as I stated I am inclined to sort it before I begin. If it should happen that I don't it's no big deal to not bother, or go and sort it myself.

Talk about a solution to a first world problem. Crikey.
Many things we all enjoy in life are solutions to first world problems. Like TV remote controls - I imagine you shook your head and said you could manage getting off the sofa to change the channel, but presumably you've got a remote now.

My goodness, please tell me this is a joke!
No. Before Alexa, I used the timer on my phone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wonder..... How did people with devices to speak to, manage before they got them? I don't have Alexa and manage my life just fine. Siri on my iphone does set an alarm for me on the odd occasion. I would have managed but it is easy to say "Siri set an alarm for half an hour." Not essential to life but helpful.

I guess its the modern age. Whatever will we be inventing next....

Would love to see King Henry VIII, come back to life. The times we live in, have made so much progress we forget how our ancestors would have survived.

Just put of curiosity why do you want Henry VIII to pop back :moo:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Alexa listen into my life and extract all the data you want on me; sell it to the highest bidder and then market products and political viewpoints at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Alexa listen into my life and extract all the data you want on me; sell it to the highest bidder and then market products and political viewpoints at me.

Hamilton, I love people who say this from their iPhone on tapatalk! :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great bit of kit.

You realise that doesn't happen, right?

Of course, you can change your privacy settings should you wish. As long as you're happy for Amazon to mine data that's fine.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
music , news , uber and ordering food look very interesting.

Not sure would justify the lack of sound quality.

Interesting reading though and am tempted on reading all this.

Is it quick and easy to set up ?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
music , news , uber and ordering food look very interesting.

Not sure would justify the lack of sound quality.

Interesting reading though and am tempted on reading all this.

Is it quick and easy to set up ?
Piece of piss. Just download the app and away you go.

If you have a speaker then sound quality isn't an issue. Just bluetooth away.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
For someone whose really shit when it comes to knowledge on speakers etc, does anyone know what would suit my needs in terms of some sort of speaker you could either put into the ceiling like a downlight kinda style and have it connect up with say my phone or Alexa etc?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Just put of curiosity why do you want Henry VIII to pop back :moo:

I guess my mind wandered after reading NSC members comments and reflecting on my own use of talking devices. I think King Henry would be intrigued to see the basics of running water from a tap e.t.c. So what would he make of Alexa? Technology has moved very quickly in a short space of time and we are all lucky enough to have a choice as to weather we want to adopt it into our lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here