Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It was on BBC News this morning about new laws on the use of drones as many arent aware of the existing ones. Apparently the range of a drone can be 15 miles but I was left wondering why can they not with technology set an electronic system that prevents drones working in certain areas like airports and prisons and to act like a cordon that when the drone hits it it is automatically grounded or set to go back to the original set off point?

Have they tried switching it off and on again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
WIth all the knowledge available on here nobody has been able to say that they cannot do it because and give logical reason. I would have thought for prisons etc they could put a scrambler 20 yds from the wall so that they would not go over the wall and for airports put a height restriction that stopped them going above say 30ft.in a radius of a few miles. If you live in that area tough you cant use one above that height.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
WIth all the knowledge available on here nobody has been able to say that they cannot do it because and give logical reason. I would have thought for prisons etc they could put a scrambler 20 yds from the wall so that they would not go over the wall and for airports put a height restriction that stopped them going above say 30ft.in a radius of a few miles. If you live in that area tough you cant use one above that height.

Sigh...
Did you actually bother to do any research, as I suggested earlier?
Many manufacturers do indeed put such kind of features into their aircraft.
Those who would want to send a drone over the wall of a prison are perfectly capable of disabling whatever safeguards the manufacturers build in to their machines.
Your question is a little bit like 'why has no-one thought of putting a lock on a car to prevent it being stolen'. They did, and the bad guys found a way around it - that's the way things are.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sigh...
Did you actually bother to do any research, as I suggested earlier?
Many manufacturers do indeed put such kind of features into their aircraft.
Those who would want to send a drone over the wall of a prison are perfectly capable of disabling whatever safeguards the manufacturers build in to their machines.
Your question is a little bit like 'why has no-one thought of putting a lock on a car to prevent it being stolen'. They did, and the bad guys found a way around it - that's the way things are.

So why cant the authorities over ride the vilians deeds as they have more resources.than them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here