Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drones

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was on BBC News this morning about new laws on the use of drones as many arent aware of the existing ones. Apparently the range of a drone can be 15 miles but I was left wondering why can they not with technology set an electronic system that prevents drones working in certain areas like airports and prisons and to act like a cordon that when the drone hits it it is automatically grounded or set to go back to the original set off point?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought this was about your manner of speech

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Like big pharma preventing cancer from being cured and Apple suppressing teleporting systems.

Drone companies are collaborating with airports for a big insurance scam.

#insidejob

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
It was on BBC News this morning about new laws on the use of drones as many arent aware of the existing ones. Apparently the range of a drone can be 15 miles but I was left wondering why can they not with technology set an electronic system that prevents drones working in certain areas like airports and prisons and to act like a cordon that when the drone hits it it is automatically grounded or set to go back to the original set off point?

They already have a system (or several similar systems) for this, called geofencing.
If you Google 'drones geofencing UK', for instance, the first few links will explain how the system(s) work - and then the next few links will tell you how to disable / over-ride such systems.
For every technological 'lock', there is a 'key' that will disable / unlock it...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing I thought this was going to be a thread from BG asking for help setting up his new drone

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They already have a system (or several similar systems) for this, called geofencing.
If you Google 'drones geofencing UK', for instance, the first few links will explain how the system(s) work - and then the next few links will tell you how to disable / over-ride such systems.
For every technological 'lock', there is a 'key' that will disable / unlock it...

If that is the case why are they such a problem shouldnt there be a system to stop them operating or make the manufacturers restrict the height that they can fly at or whatever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The technology already exists, as shown here

:lolol: fantastic.

So basically all we need to keep us safe as we land is a load of Ultras in the back of the plane armed with bog rolls and the ability to open plane windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here