Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephane Sessegnon

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Love the translations :lol: But 33!!!!

Stéphane Sessegnon is in the viewfinder of Brighton, promoted in the Premier League. The Montpellier midfielder is also courted by two Chinese D2 clubs.

Montpellier midfielder Stéphane Sessegnon (33, under contract until June 2018) could leave the MHSC this summer. The old Parisian wants to change the air.:moo: Brighton, promoted in the Premier League, is willing to welcome him. Two Chinese D2 clubs are also on the spot.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fantastic player on his day. Get him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've seen a few people that are horrified by the thought of signing a 33 year old, worth remembering he's younger than our first choice striker, first choice right back, he's also younger than Sidwell and only a month older than Rosenior. He's got over 160 Premier League appearances under his belt, he could provide invaluable experience and leadership.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've seen a few people that are horrified by the thought of signing a 33 year old, worth remembering he's younger than our first choice striker, first choice right back, he's also younger than Sidwell and only a month older than Rosenior. He's got over 160 Premier League appearances under his belt, he could provide invaluable experience and leadership.
Agreed. If he can do 1 or 2 seasons that is great for where we are now.

Survive this season. Then survive next season etc etc.

As long as we don't sign too many of that age we are fine.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sounds a bit desperate to me.

Surely we wouldn't be signing for experience, we have a few of those already, it has to be ability to strengthen us.

I really don't know enough about him, but for those who have commented, would you rate him better than Stephens, Kayal, Sidwell and even Norwood? (Genuine question, I recognise the name but can't place him).

EDIT - It worked well when Kishishev came in for the league 1 campaign.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Surely we wouldn't be signing for experience, we have a few of those already, it has to be ability to strengthen us.

I really don't know enough about him, but for those who have commented, would you rate him better than Stephens, Kayal, Sidwell and even Norwood? (Genuine question, I recognise the name but can't place him).

Absolute first class player.

Can't have enough experienced players around the squad when it's your first season in PL and especially when you have a history in the team of sending offs and ''bookings for dissent'' which need to get eradicated as the rules on that get even tougher.

The better clubs will thrive on really fast tempos and in matches against those teams you really need to get the game slowed down to stop them getting into fast tempos for any length of time or for concerted periods. It's a YES from me on this one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolute first class player.

Can't have enough experienced players around the squad when it's your first season in PL and especially when you have a history in the team of sending offs and ''bookings for dissent'' which need to get eradicated as the rules on that get even tougher.

The better clubs will thrive on really fast tempos and in matches against those teams you really need to get the game slowed down to stop them getting into fast tempos for any length of time or for concerted periods. It's a YES from me on this one.

Thanks - would you say he's better than those we already have or is it more of the same?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's pony, no thanks, last time i saw him he was over weight and injury prone

I simply can't believe we have not got better options

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks - would you say he's better than those we already have or is it more of the same?

He is very good ''offensively'' and good at taking people on but can also tuck in when you want to keep the game narrow. He is just so comfortable on the ball and I just think having someone who can give you an outlet to take pressure off when teams are trying to build up momentum against you will be invaluable. More skillfull than Skalak, Sidwell, Norwood. I put him on a par with Rosenior or better.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

He said not a central midfield player, at least not at Premier League standard. An excellent talent on his day, but primarily a number 10 or wide forward.

For me, it would depend on wages really.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Would have been decent five seasons ago. As a squad player for the season I'd edge towards a yes, though I haven't seen a great deal of him since he left West Brom, if he's lost his pace forget it.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Certainly would not be a bad buy. Maybe he is slightly past his best at his age but still played 27 games in the French top flight last year and scored a couple of goals. Can cover left, right and number 10 roles and has PL experience. Maybe wouldn't be an automatic starter but wouldn't be a bad option when injuries kick in or we need something different later in a game

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've got to do better than this.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
As others have said good player on his day. But a while since he has shown anything like that form and at 33 how likely is he to be able to step up again? Two things seriously concern me if this is true.

1. Another 30 plus player? We will struggle with the pace and physicality of this league.
2. How far down our list of strikers have we got, that we are considering him? If it's true we really are in trouble.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here