Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford away ticket sales, loyalty points and all that jazz

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Would you effin believe it - I have 247 points!

Yes I was 3 short and my friend short by 1 point on the last round of Leicester tickets. Frustrating, but hopefully by getting a ticket and going you will bump over this line. I think the change in points needed to buy tickets is ironing out some anomolies and hopefully people will end up in a fair category.

Watford publish how many people are in each category perhaps Albion will do this eventually.

https://www.watfordfc.com/sites/default/files/2016-08/Away Match Buying Policy 2016-2017.pdf

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There's clearly something very, very precise being done based on the points distribution - 234 for Leicester and then 248 for Watford.

It feels like it would make sense to set a threshold such that everyone within that first group could get a ticket if they wanted one, wouldn't it, although I would have thought that more than 2,150 have 248+ points.

So, maybe it's just finger in the air guesswork!

Yes and me with my 233 points!! (Although my and the boys have got our Leicester tickets, not so sure about this one, but hey, it seems fair)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes I was 3 short and my friend short by 1 point on the last round of Leicester tickets. Frustrating, but hopefully by getting a ticket and going you will bump over this line. I think the change in points needed to buy tickets is ironing out some anomolies and hopefully people will end up in a fair category.

Watford publish how many people are in each category perhaps Albion will do this eventually.

https://www.watfordfc.com/sites/default/files/2016-08/Away Match Buying Policy 2016-2017.pdf

Good find, although it doesn't quite make sense. There seems to be some sort of error in the wording of group B I think...

Group A - 3,802 fans:
- ST holder 2016/17 with 6 or more away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

Group B - 709 fans:
- Non-ST holder with between 6 or more away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

Group C - 10,956 fans:
- ST holder 2016/17 with less than 6 away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

....If the wording of Group A is correct and Watford fans are not significantly different from Albion fans, I think it backs up [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]'s point on the Leicester thread about most fans not being interested in (most) away fixtures, as 6 aways in 3 seasons seems to get you into Watford's highest priority grouping.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another thing, having read that Watford document in full now, the tone and language is just, well, pleasant isn't it - showing empathy and understanding of the concerns of those who travel away regularly.

It's a world away from the Albion's officious "We're going to treat you all like potential criminals trying to rip us and each other off" stuff we so often get.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Really ? So I suppose you want their names and address as well, take it you have never heard of the Data Protection Act ?

So by Watford doing the same are they in breach of the Data Protection Act?

Get a grip helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Good find, although it doesn't quite make sense. There seems to be some sort of error in the wording of group B I think...

Group A - 3,802 fans:
- ST holder 2016/17 with 6 or more away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

Group B - 709 fans:
- Non-ST holder with between 6 or more away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

Group C - 10,956 fans:
- ST holder 2016/17 with less than 6 away match ticket purchases under Fan ID record since July 2014

....If the wording of Group A is correct and Watford fans are not significantly different from Albion fans, I think it backs up [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]'s point on the Leicester thread about most fans not being interested in (most) away fixtures, as 6 aways in 3 seasons seems to get you into Watford's highest priority grouping.

Yeah but Watford are pretty tinpot to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I guess we know that....22,000 STHs and an average away following of about 10% of that ?

Just guessing, but we probably have a hardcore of say 5-600 that go to most/all games, another 1500 or so that go to maybe half of them (bigger teams, nearer grounds, avoiding midweek etc) and a few thousand that go to a handful or less ? On that basis first wave will usually be the first couple of thousand plus a margin for some 1901ers maybe ?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I think he was asking when the forthcoming season's points are added (in this case 10pts for 7th season).

I seem to remember the document saying something about adding them before the first game.

You get the points for renewing your season ticket, so if you have had a ST since the Amex opened you would have renewed it 6 times therefore getting 180 points, you will not get 190 points until you renew this years season ticket after this 7th season.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62

Group A - 3,802 fans:

Group B - 709 fans:

Group C - 10,956 fans:

What no-one has commented on is that for Watford fans, higher away game attendance takes priority over a STH with few away games. So that would mean that a lot of our non-STH 'exiles' who probably go to half the away games would have a far greater chance of a ticket under this Watford scheme than the 'no chance' they now have with ours. Whilst this doesn't apply to me (a STH), there are many people posting on here plus others I know that this affects greatly. No scheme is ideal for everyone.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I guess we know that....22,000 STHs and an average away following of about 10% of that ?

Just guessing, but we probably have a hardcore of say 5-600 that go to most/all games, another 1500 or so that go to maybe half of them (bigger teams, nearer grounds, avoiding midweek etc) and a few thousand that go to a handful or less ? On that basis first wave will usually be the first couple of thousand plus a margin for some 1901ers maybe ?

1901 is irrelevant now though isn't it?!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have 288pts so comfortably in thank God. Based on being sth well before Amex and about 19 always in the last two seasons. Agree it might be helpful if club published the number of fans in each category so people have an idea on their chances. Probably agree with Bozza as the club know the numbers and surely they would pitch the first level knowing they have enough tickets

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

About right. I'm in the second bracket with about 12 away last season (and the season before), all the London, Birmingham and a few further afield (Cardiff). Nothing up north though. I've got 260 points and feel I should be in the first pick.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
This little section from the Watford T's and C's is interesting:

NO CHANCE OF GETTING AN AWAY TICKET? THINK AGAIN. WE WANT TO HELP...
CLEARLY, adding to an existing profile will be easier for those already in Groups A & B above, since they are the
fans likely to have most access to away match tickets.
However the club is keen that all fans feel they have at least a chance of taking in an away game or two during the
season.
So, influenced by some of the 'Supporters Say' survey research, the Hornets will reserve the right to keep back 10
per cent of an away ticket allocation (where practical) for sale to those who fall outside of the groups specifically
listed above.
This includes initiatives such as tickets being made available, by way of example, to:
- a specific cross-section of season ticket holders (in Group C)
- Junior Hornets members and a parent / parents
- remote or exiled supporters who hold a valid Fan Card

The sale arrangements for this 10 per cent allocation, where reserved, would be made available as early as
possible during the relevant game's sale process and co-ordinated by the club’s Supporter Liaison Officer Dave
Messenger: dave.messenger@watfordfc.com 01923 496367.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here