Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford away ticket sales, loyalty points and all that jazz

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This little section from the Watford T's and C's is interesting:

NO CHANCE OF GETTING AN AWAY TICKET? THINK AGAIN. WE WANT TO HELP...
CLEARLY, adding to an existing profile will be easier for those already in Groups A & B above, since they are the
fans likely to have most access to away match tickets.
However the club is keen that all fans feel they have at least a chance of taking in an away game or two during the
season.
So, influenced by some of the 'Supporters Say' survey research, the Hornets will reserve the right to keep back 10
per cent of an away ticket allocation (where practical) for sale to those who fall outside of the groups specifically
listed above.
This includes initiatives such as tickets being made available, by way of example, to:
- a specific cross-section of season ticket holders (in Group C)
- Junior Hornets members and a parent / parents
- remote or exiled supporters who hold a valid Fan Card

The sale arrangements for this 10 per cent allocation, where reserved, would be made available as early as
possible during the relevant game's sale process and co-ordinated by the club’s Supporter Liaison Officer Dave
Messenger: dave.messenger@watfordfc.com 01923 496367.

Thats a good idea, so most away games this would be around 300 tickets. I like the idea of fans who live overseas, can't get a ST or live a long way away then get a chance to see the side.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Based on Watfords system I would be in category B. On our system I'm unlikely to get to any away games except Burnley or Swansea if they're evening games. I can appreciate our system putting the people who pay the most (STH) first. But when i spent last season travelling to Huddersfield, Burton, Derby, Rotherham, Wolves, Lincoln, etc. I would like to see a few more away this year!

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Based on Watfords system I would be in category B. On our system I'm unlikely to get to any away games except Burnley or Swansea if they're evening games. I can appreciate our system putting the people who pay the most (STH) first. But when i spent last season travelling to Huddersfield, Burton, Derby, Rotherham, Wolves, Lincoln, etc. I would like to see a few more away this year!

Based in your location, it's more convient for you to go to away games then travelling down to the Amex. Unfortunately that does not support the club financially. The club are right to award financial commitment in relation to ST tied in with away games too.

I think most fans would support a system where a small allocation were awarded to Brighton exiles living a fair distance away from Sussex, who have a proven following of the club. Say 5% of ticket allocation?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Bought VR52.

Make sure you change from restricted view (£27) to standard (£30).

Good shout this. I only noticed because of the price difference. Odd that it defaulted to this. Will catch a few out.

Was it me or was the queue a lot shorter than for the first wave of Leicester tickets? Has the bubble burst?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why are the restricted view tickets even on sale from day one, and more importantly why is the default to best available being a restricted view seat.

We are continually told that the PL is the most watched league, so why have restricted view seats not been banned by the PL league, there must be enough money floating around to get rid of these and have unrestricted sight lines at all PL grounds.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2 purchased

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Good shout this. I only noticed because of the price difference. Odd that it defaulted to this. Will catch a few out.

Was it me or was the queue a lot shorter than for the first wave of Leicester tickets? Has the bubble burst?

May have been shorter due to higher points threshold, also don't forget that any position in the queue is random once 9am ticks over.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

540 VR52 seats available when I logged in pretty much bang on 9am. Just 48 available now at 9:20.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why are the restricted view tickets even on sale from day one, and more importantly why is the default to best available being a restricted view seat.

We are continually told that the PL is the most watched league, so why have restricted view seats not been banned by the PL league, there must be enough money floating around to get rid of these and have unrestricted sight lines at all PL grounds.

I find a lot of the away seats at Watford are restricted views

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I joined the queue at 8.35am and at 9am I was something like 670 in the queue and had to wait a little shy of 20 minutes to log in. Wasn't quicker than Leicester for me, although I tried to log in for Leicester about 5 past 9.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
So as a non season ticket holder but a bronze member (ooh sounds painful) with 51 points am I likely to get any away tickets this year for any games?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here