Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night "three weeks until the fun begins" drinking thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If no one else can be arsed to start one...

Gin (M&S London dry *) & tonic (Fever-Tree Elderflower)

* - I've decided that as much as I like the Elderflower tonic, it can over-power the gin a bit, so I've intentionally paired it with a non-premium gin. It's still bloody good though.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Tonight for wifey and I, Mango beer for her and pints of 150 Lashes for me till I fall over.
50th birthday Viking fancy dress party tonight, Lord Ragnar will be playing the sax !

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Last night a couple of bottles of Bishops Finger a bottle of Wild Bill's IPA and a bottle of Westons vintage premium cider. I'd poured a second bottle and then went off to sleep. Just drunk the second bottle now. The premium cider comes in 750ml and at £1.69 from Aldi is good value. The Wild Bill's was good too.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Last night a couple of bottles of Bishops Finger a bottle of Wild Bill's IPA and a bottle of Westons vintage premium cider. I'd poured a second bottle and then went off to sleep. Just drunk the second bottle now. The premium cider comes in 750ml and at £1.69 from Aldi is good value. The Wild Bill's was good too.

£1.69? That is good value, don't think I could face it first thing tbh. I finished wine from 'not Friday night' then drank a bottle of Bordeaux Rose and passed out for about 8 hours

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
£1.69? That is good value, don't think I could face it first thing tbh. I finished wine from 'not Friday night' then drank a bottle of Bordeaux Rose and passed out for about 8 hours

The cider is very good. I'm not one for throwing food or drink away so around 5am having come to with the lounge lights still on I slaked my thirst - on the tea right now. Haven't been to Aldi in more than a year and was pleasantly surprised by the bargain to be had.

Hope your head is OK.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The cider is very good. I'm not one for throwing food or drink away so around 5am having come to with the lounge lights still on I slaked my thirst - on the tea right now. Haven't been to Aldi in more than a year and was pleasantly surprised by the bargain to be had.

Hope your head is OK.

yeah, I went to a Lidl (spelling???) recently, was unexpectedly surprised at prices and options. I ignorantly thought it would be full of cheap unhealthy cr*p.
My head is fine thanks .... drinking black coffee from my BHA Latte mug (can't stand milk in coffee, but the mug is a cherished present)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
yeah, I went to a Lidl (spelling???) recently, was unexpectedly surprised at prices and options. I ignorantly thought it would be full of cheap unhealthy cr*p.
My head is fine thanks .... drinking black coffee from my BHA Latte mug (can't stand milk in coffee, but the mug is a cherished present)

I loaded up a large rucksack from Aldi and the cost was around £44. A similar shop in Tesco would be +£60. I particularly like the Aldi versions of tomato sauce and lo-cal mayo - Bramwells - and they're very well priced. Their fresh meat and veg are excellent prices and quality. I'll have a mosey in Lidl next - one opened on the A259 in Southwick recently.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I loaded up a large rucksack from Aldi and the cost was around £44. A similar shop in Tesco would be +£60. I particularly like the Aldi versions of tomato sauce and lo-cal mayo - Bramwells - and they're very well priced. Their fresh meat and veg are excellent prices and quality. I'll have a mosey in Lidl next - one opened on the A259 in Southwick recently.

:moo:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I just went to my bank, but it's gone! Noticed the Aldi opposite was rammed, may take a look in the morning when it first opens

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Slightly off topic another bank branch going ...Barclays in Shoreham High St closes later this year

Mine was the Halifax on London Road Brighton, not sure when it closed! Going off at a tangent, Santander on Lewes High St closing soon too. I refuse to bank online ..... don't trust it .... and I still write cheques, just to be annoying :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here