Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Your Own Special Karaoke Song?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If you ever do karaoke which one song do you usually go for that in your deluded alchohol addled mind you're convinced you can pull off with particular aplomb?
Does your performance also stretch to trying to mimic the stage moves of the singer you're attempting to emulate?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can tell schools have just broken up

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As far as I am aware most English people don't do it and if they do will not admit to it, those that do are either showing off or pissed, it's an English thing.
The Koreans on the other hand......

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I love a Karaoke I am also the worlds most untunfull singer so I have a tactic ensure my request gets in early doors and that is the Beatles song Seventeen anyone can sing it as it's mostly shouting anyway this being an early song enthusiasticly delivered will usually enable me to be quickly called back for a second request which is more often that not where it ends as I am found out but on occasion I have managed a third call back but to be fair that's usually because they cannot believe how awful the second song was from the first it must be a mistake let's give him another chance!
Using this technique I have managed to get some really unaproriate songs one of the best was to a group of mainly 70s and 80 year olds who for the most part were expecting Sinartra, Elvis ballads to have to hear me sing Iron Madens Bring your Daughter to the slaughter and unbelievably I got a third call but to be fair I have done it under another name and this time did Black Sabbeth War Pigs leaving the stage to complete silence and a group of elderly folks with mouths wide open, needless to say that was the last request I got through.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
U2's song One, I did it when out with friends when a new arrival here and got a huge standing ovation from everyone.
Made me get back into music after a very long break and I have enjoyed it ever since.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Having spent a lot of time in Japan I've tried a few. Got bored of the usual laddish Oasis, Blur type fare and now my go to anthem is Smooth Operator by Sade.

Always swore I wouldn't get involved with Karaoke, like many an English man. And like many an English man, once you try it, you realise it's a lot of fun.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I love a Karaoke I am also the worlds most untunfull singer so I have a tactic ensure my request gets in early doors and that is the Beatles song Seventeen anyone can sing it as it's mostly shouting anyway this being an early song enthusiasticly delivered will usually enable me to be quickly called back for a second request which is more often that not where it ends as I am found out but on occasion I have managed a third call back but to be fair that's usually because they cannot believe how awful the second song was from the first it must be a mistake let's give him another chance!
Using this technique I have managed to get some really unaproriate songs one of the best was to a group of mainly 70s and 80 year olds who for the most part were expecting Sinartra, Elvis ballads to have to hear me sing Iron Madens Bring your Daughter to the slaughter and unbelievably I got a third call but to be fair I have done it under another name and this time did Black Sabbeth War Pigs leaving the stage to complete silence and a group of elderly folks with mouths wide open, needless to say that was the last request I got through.

Do you mean the Beatles song ' I Saw her Standing There'?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Erasure - A Little Respect
Elvis - The Wonder of You
Bloodhound Gang - The Human Touch
Duet - Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Having spent a lot of time in Japan I've tried a few. Got bored of the usual laddish Oasis, Blur type fare and now my go to anthem is Smooth Operator by Sade.

Always swore I wouldn't get involved with Karaoke, like many an English man. And like many an English man, once you try it, you realise it's a lot of fun.
Well that must be the least laddish song ever, in fact your singing about a lad ???

el punal

As far as I am aware most English people don't do it and if they do will not admit to it, those that do are either showing off or pissed, it's an English thing.
The Koreans on the other hand......

Now if it's the NORTH Koreans, you've got . . . . . Rocket Man, Boom - Bang - A - Bang, Bits and Pieces. There must be loads more.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Oasis - Don't look back in Anger

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
When I used to go to away matches we usually murdered 'Oh My God I can't believe it, never been this far from home before'

Kaiser Chiefs

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My go to songs are/were:

Put Your Lights On (Santana ft Everlast)
Sweet Caroline
You're The Voice
Love Shack
Shiny Happy People
Stuck in the Middle With You

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here