Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley friendly

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I'm going and looking forward to it! Take a look at the new signings and watch a bit of football.

Decent way to fill a saturday afternoon, not far away and not expensive. Good stuff.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Probably, unless I die in my sleep or something. I'm like an old tree around the Albion these days, just always there, resolute and pointless. I usually remember how much I hate pre-season friendlies within about ten minutes, but it's cheaper than the home game.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Undecided, likely to be an entertaining game if you don't go but predictably dull if you do. Certainly the least interesting preseason game, on paper anyway.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I nearly did care - an awful lot! In 1977 me and my girlfriend went to Griffin Park to watch the Albion against Brentford in a pre-season friendly. We stood behind the goal, and after about half an hour a copper came down to give us a bit of friendly advice. Essentially what he said was that we should move smartish as there were about ten or so Chelsea fans (pre-headhunters?) ready to lay into us at any moment. Needless to say we took his advice and moved smartish.

Strange that something as innocuous as a nothing, pre-season friendly could possibly have resulted in getting your head kicked in by fans who had absolutely nothing to do with two teams playing. Oh well, I dodged a bullet that day I suppose. :shrug:

Well that's Chelsea for you.
Their fans are arsewipes as we will shortly find out when they come down to Brighton.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I nearly did care - an awful lot! In 1977 me and my girlfriend went to Griffin Park to watch the Albion against Brentford in a pre-season friendly. We stood behind the goal, and after about half an hour a copper came down to give us a bit of friendly advice. Essentially what he said was that we should move smartish as there were about ten or so Chelsea fans (pre-headhunters?) ready to lay into us at any moment. Needless to say we took his advice and moved smartish.

Strange that something as innocuous as a nothing, pre-season friendly could possibly have resulted in getting your head kicked in by fans who had absolutely nothing to do with two teams playing. Oh well, I dodged a bullet that day I suppose. :shrug:
There is some old history between Albion & Chelsea playing at Brentford and a battle at Victoria station. Can't remember what year though might of been related.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope Crawley don't play like the thugs they were in the 'friendly' 3 years ago.

We don't want anymore injuries.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'd like to go, but unfortunately not enough away loyalty points to get a ticket.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a yes from me. A couple of pints in the Crawley FC bar pre match.

Will it be mainly first team squad or Development?
It'll be first team. I guess 60 minutes for some ( who'll then get 30 mins at Southend on Tuesday ), and 30 mins for others ( who'll feature more at Southend ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here