Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley friendly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chuckle... he did.

I always thought he looked like someone who 'worked' the cheese counter a bit too hard in his day job at Asda.

'Appen lad.

The fluorescent kit also made him look like he worked for the council :lolol:

Last edited:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Some of our fans need a reality check. We have signed an number 1 international goal keeper from a top Spanish side for a record fee and he has played one half against a poor side and we are questioning his height, ability and dress sense?.So based on these, he could be useless? Superb logic, so Peter 'what's his name from Croatia' was the best keeper we had as he was 6 foot 7?. All I know he looked pretty good when Ben was rifling balls at him from 6 yards. If our players read this crap on here it's a wonder they want to play for this club. Also Bosnitch was saying on the radio the other day is that we have signed a 'top top' player. But I am sure some of the NSC posters know more than our recruitment team, Hughton, Barber and Ben Roberts who has a big say on keeper recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Woken up with a hangover and not caught up with my football so I come on here to check the game . Have to go back 2 pages as nothing on the game just bitching about how tall our keeper is . Jesus wept !!!

el punal

Some of our fans need a reality check. We have signed an number 1 international goal keeper from a top Spanish side for a record fee and he has played one half against a poor side and we are questioning his height, ability and dress sense?.So based on these, he could be useless? Superb logic, so Peter 'what's his name from Croatia' was the best keeper we had as he was 6 foot 7?. All I know he looked pretty good when Ben was rifling balls at him from 6 yards. If our players read this crap on here it's a wonder they want to play for this club. Also Bosnitch was saying on the radio the other day is that we have signed a 'top top' player. But I am sure some of the NSC posters know more than our recruitment team, Hughton, Barber and Ben Roberts who has a big say on keeper recruitment.

I wouldn't get too anxious about some of the comments on here. Firstly, it's the close season so it's complete waffle time. Secondly, closely related to the firstly, there are some on here who engage arse before brain when posting. The sort of stuff at the moment being about transfers - who we should have and why haven't we, why have we got this or that player, why have we signed a dwarf for a goalie? The list is endless, and there are those who moan just for the sake of it.

I suppose we're all guilty of it sometimes, engaging arse before brain I mean, but at least I swop them around every now and then. :D

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

He does look small relative to most top division keepers, and his shirt definitely didn't fit.

But there's absolutely nothing negative anyone can have taken from his performance yesterday. The positives however, are that the guy definitely can pass a ball. And from the looks of it, he can pass off both feet too.

He still needs to find a shirt which fits him mind. It's really distracting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From yesterdays game it is impossible to form an opinion on his ability other than with the ball at his feet as every time he touched it it was to pass the ball with either foot to a defender, which he did well.. I do not think that he had a ball to save with his hands.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was generally a worthwhile run out for all of the players, some more than others. What I couldnt understand is why people should want to stand at matches as it was awful. I tried to buy seats but was told they could only have been bought from the club previously so it was stand or nothing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just caught up with the highlights and although Crawley are not the best competition, we did show a lot of quality. Kayal was unlucky after leaving two players on the ground and took a splendid shot with his left. It's always a good sign seeing players not frightened to use their weaker foot. They all look fit and confident and Hughton knows what he's doing so there are no worrying signs. I certainly wouldn't want to start a new season in the prem with a new manager like our friends up the road have to, so in that respect as well we are in as good a shape as what we could be to start the season, with or without more signings before the season starts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought that it was generally a worthwhile run out for all of the players, some more than others. What I couldnt understand is why people should want to stand at matches as it was awful. I tried to buy seats but was told they could only have been bought from the club previously so it was stand or nothing.
I suspect that the people wanting to stand are considerably younger than you or I - had you not considered that? I enjoyed most of my football watching standing on terraces (seats were available if you wanted one; I never did). Nowadays, being older - and waiting for my new hips! - I'm happy to rest my weary old bones on a nice seat, but back in the day, standing every time if you please!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here