Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News -SING LI CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sing Li reminds me of the chippy I used to frequent, way back in the 80's.
It's the Full House chinese chippy in Henley.
Fabulous characters and great chips, especially the curry sauce
Still go there today:thumbsup:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I do hope this isn't the end for Sing Li. It means we'd have lost another legendary character from the Queens Road area. I miss the days when there was the shop with hundreds of little rooms stuffed with books piled on the floor and the proprietor always smoking and doing his crossword, and just along from him at the top of Church Street was D.K. Rosen with his dead man's clothes boutique.

The "Glass Animal Man" was legendary - always used to stop and watch him in his goggles with oxy-acetylene(?) torch producing works of art.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Makes me angry.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Who or what is Sing Li :shrug:

image.jpg

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Just to let you know that Keen is very ill . I live next door . He had a very bad turn and is in hospital . His wife and 3 kids would appreciate any messages of support from Brighton fans I'm sure as they ve always welcomed us. So if you fancy sending them a card its 39 Guildford road bn1 3llw or drop a note in on the day of the Athletico/ man city game. They'd appreciate any support .

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just to let you know that Keen is very ill . I live next door . He had a very bad turn and is in hospital . His wife and 3 kids would appreciate any messages of support from Brighton fans I'm sure as they ve always welcomed us. So if you fancy sending them a card its 39 Guildford road bn1 3llw or drop a note in on the day of the man city game. They'd appreciate any support .

I'm really saddened by this. We joke and laugh about Sing Li but it's/he is/they are a Brighton institution and part of most of our lives. Best wishes and I'll send a card.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Sometimes his chips are the best and sometimes not great but he does insist on hand peeling the Maris pipers still. No one else does that so lots of sore fingers crossed for Keens recovery ...

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Got stuff to eat in there many a time, usually full of beer. Can't say I have ever felt unwell after eating there, his food is decent and cheap and ideal if you've got the beer munchies.

I'm saddened to hear he's unwell and hope he's back on his feet soon.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The "Glass Animal Man" was legendary - always used to stop and watch him in his goggles with oxy-acetylene(?) torch producing works of art.

And me! There used to be one down the bottom of the steps on the right hand side of the Aquarium too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lived in Brighton for many years including living about 5 minutes walk from that shop, but I've never been in there.

It is a grubby place as mentioned. Good prices, average food..

Hope he gets well soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here