Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought he chased down all afternoon long, made runs and generally got in theri faces causing problems from the front. Right utpo the minuite he was subbed. Murray I thought didnt run half as much IMO and Im a Murray fan.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hope new contract discussions are under way, need him for whichever division we're in next season.

Very much this.

He is worth every penny we have spent (and willl spend ) on him.

would love to hear that we have signed him up, though I suspect he will move on at the end of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from the goal, his assist for Gross's second was superb.

It's almost as if having a teammate in the same postcode improved Tomer's all round play.

Who da thunk it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My god our fans are fickle after a rare performance from Hemed. :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Love it when people rewrite footballing stats despite a player who people moan about alot. I would be furious paying the figure BHA wants.

This is Hemed who has managed just once in his career so far(now 30) to get above 15 goals in one season.

He is Brighton's highest scorer at the Amex, having taken over from Barnes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he shoved the comments of the naysayers, of which I was one, back down their throats yesterday. He had an excellent game, running tirelessly and holding up and laying off the ball well. Topped with a goal. Pleased for him and us.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I was very impressed by the number of balls he won in the air against a pretty huge WBA central defence. He's also not bad on the ground. One of those players who's excellent Championship standard, and MAY make it in the Premier League. Obviously thrived when he had Gross near him. And great goal!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Even his biggest fan has never claimed he'll be prolific, but his stats are solid in the top 2 divisions in Spain and England, and if we continue to get service into the right areas, he will score. Against City he had nobody within 30 yards of him for most of the game, and was 40+ yards from goal, facing the wrong way and with Kompany and Stones breathing down his neck.

Get our wingers in and around him (or Murray) and we will do alright, they've both got good instincts and will gobble up enough of the chances we create to keep us up. It's when they get isolated that their lack of pace is exposed, but watch his movement for his goal and you'll see how he's absolutely mugged off a centre half being touted for £25-30M a week ago. He'll do fine, and I suspect there would come a moment, if we sold him, where we'd have a late penalty for a crucial win or draw, and even his fiercest critic would wish he was standing over it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My god our fans are fickle after a rare performance from Hemed. :lol:
No.

Just with those who want to take Maty on a long drive, this is more like the posters that have always defended Tomer get to say:-

'See, he's not the player you thought was League 1 at best'.
Or
'Guess what, it turns out he is better than your asthmatic granny'.

I'm sure, in time, you'll get your turn again, at being 'right'.
In the meantime here's a revelation for you, the actual turn lies somewhere between the 2 opinions, :ohmy:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I still think keeping Hemed was the best bit. Was there any indication any of the failed striker signings would do better? Much riskier than Hemed in my opinion

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
If we had just paid 15 mill for Hemed in the transfer window and yesterday was his first game we would all be saying that he looked like a great acquisition.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I still think keeping Hemed was the best bit. Was there any indication any of the failed striker signings would do better? Much riskier than Hemed in my opinion

If we had just paid 15 mill for Hemed in the transfer window and yesterday was his first game we would all be saying that he looked like a great acquisition.

Two very good points. We could have (a lot say should have) signed another striker who may have been superior to Hemed in some ways, but actually may have been worse in others. At least Hemed is the 'Devil we know'. What he lacks in ability he compensates for with effort and application, and when all's said and done he's not that bad. I certainly don't think he's appreciably worse than say Janssen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Albion were conducive with Hemed leaving:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15525232.Still_here___now_Hemed_is_urged_to_seize_Premier_chance/

I desparately wanted to club to acquire/loan in two 'top flight quality' strikers to improve our firepower, to prevent us doing a Boro/Derby or even a Sunderland/Hull. The three relegated clubs in May were the lowest goalscorers.

With Baldock's endless injuries, I hoped that one of the news strikers had excellent pace and another not-slow target man. Taking into account also the ages of TH and GM a concern - pace, mobility and injuries.

I was hoping for four striking options, assuming SB's usually out, to cover for injuries etc.

GM and TH were more likely to play a part for us IMO, than say Norwood and Skalak.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Two very good points. We could have (a lot say should have) signed another striker who may have been superior to Hemed in some ways, but actually may have been worse in others. At least Hemed is the 'Devil we know'. What he lacks in ability he compensates for with effort and application, and when all's said and done he's not that bad. I certainly don't think he's appreciably worse than say Janssen.

I'd start him ahead of Janssen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here