Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Have you not noticed how much it would cost to bring in 1 striker that would strengthen the squad, let alone 2?

Once again I'm amazed by the desire to weaken an incomplete squad.
Sell him when he's not in the 25, not before.

Yep - agree with that.

At least give him a chance. There's no guarantee we will be signing anyone with a better track record unless we pay crazy money - and even then......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[/B]
We use the money towards funding an extra 2 strikers

£4.5 million doesn't even buy the new strikers boot laces.

I'm bloody sure Tony doesn't want to do a 'Middlesbrough' next season.
The first objective in that would be 'don't leave yourself with Murray and sick note' as the only strikers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
41 posts in and no one has offered to drive him there, and it's only up the road.

That is confirmation that Reading have come in too low.

They need to find the magic number that would have NSCers reaching for their car keys and letting Tomer know he can hook his tunes up to the car stereo.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
£4m is absolute pennies for a decent championship striker and it would cost 3-4x as much for us to buy someone equally as good as him by virtue of being a PL club.

I Agree, but is Hemed going to cut it at Prem level??, i can't see it myself and in that case would rather cash in as he has only 1yr left on his contract

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
41 posts in and no one has offered to drive him there, and it's only up the road.

They need to find the magic number that would have NSCers reaching for their car keys and letting Tomer know he can hook his tunes up to the car stereo.

6.5m -7.00m fair price for a good championship striker, with a year left imho.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is 3 months since we were promoted. It is looking a farce that we have not signed 2 forwards. More of a farce is that we cannot accept this fantastic offer for a player that will make no impact next season because we only have 2 fit forwards. Appreciate we wont get top drawer but there are players out there who are far more mobile then what we have. Doliveira for eg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I Agree, but is Hemed going to cut it at Prem level??, i can't see it myself and in that case would rather cash in as he has only 1yr left on his contract

Would it not be better to see if he could? He has a great first touch & is a great header of the ball. These are things that are going to be necessary when we get dominated in games and need to score from set pieces

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Personally I think he will 'cut it' at Prem level ..does (did) rather well for Israel ..anyways not sure why something from a naff website is being bothered with even if it originated from The Sun

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If the Albion's recruitment team were working as hard as Reading's I'm sure they'd be a few nibbles.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It is 3 months since we were promoted. It is looking a farce that we have not signed 2 forwards. More of a farce is that we cannot accept this fantastic offer for a player that will make no impact next season because we only have 2 fit forwards. Appreciate we wont get top drawer but there are players out there who are far more mobile then what we have. Doliveira for eg

Lol ..you still banging on about players such as that geezer from Newcastle who u reckoned bossed our centre halves when He didn't play one minute..now you've moved on to Norwich ...so TH won't make any impact?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
We should hang on to him ,if he comes off the bench and knocks a goal in whether a penalty or open play then his price will double if he knocks in a few we offer him another contract and his worth will quadruple ,especially when you see whats on offer for stupid money .

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

This with bells on!, if we really cannot sign 2 new strikers by the end of August we're going to be in deep trouble

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
When does the transfer window close as I looking forward to see how many idiots jump up and down behind the Sky Repoter at the training ground.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hemed has only 1yr left on his contract so quite honestly if Reading come back with another offer say 4.5m-5m we would be mad to reject it, this money could then be used towards adding 2 extra strikers that we need, is Hemed really going to cut it at Prem level???

Has it passed you by how hard we find it to sign decent strikers and you want to sell one of only three we have before signing a replacement? Madness I tell you

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Are we negotiating a new deal with him ?

If as I am sure i have read he wants to finish his career in spain, and wont be signing a new deal then we really should be looking to move him on for as much money as we can get now ....

we can get good forwards in and will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here