Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Not rewriting anything, they are facts.

He scored 17 in his first season, and 13 last season (15 including the cup) despite only playing 33 games.

Before that he scored 8 and 11 goals in La Liga. All facts, regardless of whether or not people moan about him, he's a good championship striker.

Out of interest how many of those last season were from penalties? 7?

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Scored against you lot in a cup game where you won. He's a good championship striker. I felt he should have done better on the weekend against Watford and as many have said, he won't cut it at this level, maybe this was proven.

Seems like a Dwight Gayle type then, where his ability is in some kind of purgatory between the PL and Championship.

I'd take him, but I don't know how much money we have got left in this window. I think we've spent near on £20m this transfer window which is an eye-watering amount for Reading... I'm trying to get used to it

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
lol ok

The player that was a key part of 2 promotion campaigns scoring 1 in 3
The player with a 1 / 2 international level
The player who scored regularly La Liga

to quote you......

No idea what player you are watching then.

2MILLION LOL !!
Read post 417 for proper scoring stats. Oh less of the lol's you sound a bit of a nob mate.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Love it when people rewrite footballing stats despite a player who people moan about alot. I would be furious paying the figure BHA wants.

This is Hemed who has managed just once in his career so far(now 30) to get above 15 goals in one season.

He got 26 goals in 101 league appearances in La Liga, and 30 goals in 73 Championship appearances, as well as 15 international goals for his 25 caps. If you are a Championship side, you are buying a proven goalscorer, settled in England at the peak of his career.

I cannot see us letting him go unless something truly dramatic happens today. Even if we sign 2 strikers, I can see CH wanting him as an option.

He's not the most dynamic striker in the world, but he's been great for us for what he does.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He got 26 goals in 101 league appearances in La Liga, and 30 goals in 73 Championship appearances, as well as 15 international goals for his 25 caps. If you are a Championship side, you are buying a proven goalscorer, settled in England at the peak of his career.

I cannot see us letting him go unless something truly dramatic happens today. Even if we sign 2 strikers, I can see CH wanting him as an option.

He's not the most dynamic striker in the world, but he's been great for us for what he does.

I'd like him to stay. Baldock could be out for months and going on his record will take ages to get back to full fitness and will probably get injured again as soon as he does get fit. The news on Murray is not 100% positive imo given how vague our injury reports are. Even if we get two new strikers they may take a while to settle in, get injured themselves. We are that light on strikers I'd like to see us keep Hemed, he is a good squad player.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd like him to stay. Baldock could be out for months and going on his record will take ages to get back to full fitness and will probably get injured again as soon as he does get fit. The news on Murray is not 100% positive imo given how vague our injury reports are. Even if we get two new strikers they may take a while to settle in, get injured themselves. We are that light on strikers I'd like to see us keep Hemed, he is a good squad player.

He's not going anywhere I don't think. But he's definitely worth a few more bob than some people are saying if he does go!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like him to go, on the basis that will mean he's been replaced by two upgrades - hopefully Florin Andone being one of them. :drool:

I see your logic but I'd keep him as well, what's 7 or 8 million to a Premier League club? He can go in January if the replacements are up to scratch

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I see your logic but I'd keep him as well, what's 7 or 8 million to a Premier League club? He can go in January if the replacements are up to scratch

Exactly, no guarantee the '2 coming in' will hit the ground running, with 2 injured, we'd be mad to let him go, even if it means we have 5 strikers, and it's not as if Baldock could play in that no.9 role anyway.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
One swallow doesn't make a summer

A long overdue performance like that. Needs to be more consistent and score a few more.

Cracking header today.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One swallow doesn't make a summer

A long overdue performance like that. Needs to be more consistent and score a few more.

Cracking header today.
Fair play to you for posting on this thread.

Long overdue is wrong on so many levels though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair play to you for posting on this thread.

Long overdue is wrong on so many levels though.

Its all about service. We have service in abundance now. Feed Hemed and he will score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here