Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
when Hemed was called upon if Murray was rested or out for any other reason he never let us down. He was also our top scorer the season before why do so many here underestimate him. He can do a job in the prem even if only as backup. We wont get another striker good enough or as good as for £4m now we are in the prem.

Totally agree..
Hemed is a solid professional, who will do a job at any level of football. He is a full international and played in La Liga.
The idea we should get rid for £4m is ludicrous.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8032970 said:
Hemed out, Leo in - no brainer surely?

That is what I would go for perhaps but on yesterdays showing Hemed looked better than Murray but then it was only a friendly against Crawley who were abysmal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really genuinely don't understand, beyond the bleeding obvious, why Ulloa makes sense.

- Sell Hemed under value.
- Buy ? Leo.
- Overpay on his Premier League contract.

All to end up pretty much exactly where you started.

A 30 year old Murrayesque striker, only this one's on a longer more expensive contract.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I really genuinely don't understand, beyond the bleeding obvious, why Ulloa makes sense.

- Sell Hemed under value.
- Buy ? Leo.
- Overpay on his Premier League contract.

All to end up pretty much exactly where you started.

A 30 year old Murrayesque striker only this one's on a longer more expensive contract.

Yea but that goal at forest ???

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
to be fair have you seen his Mrs ?.... id have a sizeable ego if she was on my arm.... regardless of being a very fine footballer !

m38de002.jpg

Former Miss Israel 2008.

Tomer+Hemed+2-vUc_kovVPm.jpg

3wa.jpg

Shunit Hemed

4692001099999408557no.jpg

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I reckon Tomer will be ok in the premier league but 5-6m plus his wages off the book while loaning a more established striker like Ulloa makes sense to me. Especially with just a year on his contract.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can you assure me that they will Premier League quality? If so we are going to have a great season. I wish I had your faith though. We need a forward with genuine pace, when was the last time we landed one of those??

Lol! Every top Prem team is looking for a striker with genuine pace .

We're at the back of the queue for those types of strikers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hemed has only 1yr left on his contract so quite honestly if Reading come back with another offer say 4.5m-5m we would be mad to reject it, this money could then be used towards adding 2 extra strikers that we need, is Hemed really going to cut it at Prem level???

All these comments about being mad to reject 4m etc.
We rejected derisory bids for Stephens, when we were in the Championship and no guarantees of keeping him at the end of the season (in fact the opposite).

We aren't strapped for cash anymore. Why should we give a toss about potentially losing out on 4m for an International striker, with a proven track record?
What exactly are we going to do with that extra £4m, that is so much better than having Hemed available to the squad?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Lol! Every top Prem team is looking for a striker with genuine pace .

We're at the back of the queue for those types of strikers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems we're at the back of the queue for most players so should have stayed in the championship:D

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Seems we're at the back of the queue for most players so should have stayed in the championship:D
This all day long.......We would never buy an equivalent or better striker for 4 million these days......can't peeps see that?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here