Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Hemed has been great for us over 2 seasons but imo he does and will not cut it at this level! We've got Murray who is one paced and he's not going anywhere right now so it makes sense to cash in on Tomer now. If we are being offered £5m for him I cannot see why we are keeping him. If Dwamena signing goes through as expected then that would free up a striker space and maybe get an experienced loan in if possible (Someone in the Long/Ings mould)!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hemed wants to go on a free back to Spain at the end of the season, therefore we won't be able to sell him.

And I am happy for him to be part of the squad, he won't get game time unless we have injuries but that's upto him

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

Meanwhile, Interest in Tomer Hemed is mounting. Four Championship clubs are now involved in a shoot-out to sign the Israeli target man, The Argus can reveal.

Two fresh bids for Hemed have been rejected from Reading and another Championship club, as reported on The Argus website on Saturday.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hemed wants to play in the Prem. We need four centre forwards and only have three. Do the math, as Hughton says, he's going nowhere.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hemed wants to play in the Prem. We need four centre forwards and only have three. Do the math, as Hughton says, he's going nowhere.

Perhaps I'm putting 2+2 together and getting 5 but but when Naylor says Albion, "remain in the market for another forward as well as Dwamena." then surely Hemed could be sold. We don't have the space in our 25 man squad to add another without dropping someone? Plus as Naylor also says, "They are also still intent on adding another defender and third goalkeeper to the squad". Space is very limited.

If we sign another striker, I expect Hemed to be off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Argus:

Meanwhile, Interest in Tomer Hemed is mounting. Four Championship clubs are now involved in a shoot-out to sign the Israeli target man, The Argus can reveal.

Two fresh bids for Hemed have been rejected from Reading and another Championship club, as reported on The Argus website on Saturday.

Great to see a bidding war here if we are to replace Hemed with someone like Jotevic.

There is a lot of money in the Championship, hopefully we'll get £6m+ and he can find a club he'll start regularly at and maybe smash 20+ home this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If a team were to pay £6m for him I dont care how many goals he scores for them or even if he doesnt score any. £6m would be a good deal for us and also for him with his cut of the fee, but it has been reported that he wants to go back to Spain when his current contract is up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it just me or is it not somewhat distasteful to be talking about one of our players, someone who always leaves it all on the pitch, like he's already gone? We may now be 'premier league' but our players have not just tured into cattle overnight :facepalm:

Have some respect.

Tomer.png

Hemedl f.jpg

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Is it just me or is it not somewhat distasteful to be talking about one of our players, someone who always leaves it all on the pitch, like he's already gone? We may now be 'premier league' but our players have not just tured into cattle overnight :facepalm:

Have some respect.

View attachment 88424

View attachment 88423

Football is a business, we may have fond memories of Hemed but if he isn't deemed good enough for the Prem and he has a good resale value to Championship clubs which we can put towards someone else, it's a no brainier.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You would be surprised but I just cant be bothered to google every single idea to see if it feasible as I know that the teen age know alls on here will soon put me right.

"I would rather post uninformed bollocks 24/7 then spend 2 seconds checking what I'm saying so I don't look like an idiot.

CLASSIC BG

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Have some respect.

View attachment 88424

View attachment 88423

Totally agree with this what an important player and personality Tomer is to the team always gives 100% it is in my opinion disrespectful to talk of him as a commodity when he's such a influential team member

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The distasteful thing is discussing it like he has already gone. We all know that if he stays he will continue to give 100% every time he plays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here