Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How panicked are you?

How panicked are you at the Albion's (lack of) transfer activity?

• 10 (Bedwetting every night)

Votes: 9 2.8%

Votes: 10 3.1%

Votes: 21 6.5%

Votes: 32 9.8%

Votes: 41 12.6%

Votes: 37 11.4%

Votes: 33 10.2%

Votes: 39 12.0%

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • 1 (As cool as a cucumber)

Votes: 78 24.0%

• Total voters

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Not at all.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So many cucumbers - or at least people who claim to be such. I doubt they really are in practice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out of interest, what will you be feeling IF we sign a few we need at the end of the window and we have taken 0 points from 9 and a GD of something like -10?

Not great, obviously. Signings or not, we're probably going to get our arses handed to us on a plate by Man City, thats just by the by. Any points picked up against the Big Six will be a bonus. If we can pick up a couple of points from our trips to Leicester and Watford then 2 points from 9 would actually be an ok start in my book. But if we go 0 for 3, which could happen, then I'm still not going to run the bath and break out the razorblades, because its a hell of a long season.

I certainly won't be writing off next season, as some already seem to be RIGHT NOW, if we've not signed half a dozen players before breakfast tomorrow. Chill the F out and put a bit of trust in the men who have got us here.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not great, obviously. Signings or not, we're probably going to get our arses handed to us on a plate by Man City, thats just by the by. Any points picked up against the Big Six will be a bonus. If we can pick up a couple of points from our trips to Leicester and Watford then 2 points from 9 would actually be an ok start in my book. But if we go 0 for 3, which could happen, then I'm still not going to run the bath and break out the razorblades, because its a hell of a long season.

I certainly won't be writing off next season, as some already seem to be RIGHT NOW, if we've not signed half a dozen players before breakfast tomorrow. Chill the F out and put a bit of trust in the men who have got us here.
surely we need 2 points a game average for promotion ???

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Resigned...going to enjoy watching the big 7 team play at our place.
And hope o beat some of the others.
As Hudders proved last year pace kills us. Thought we would have used our promotion to fill our weakness.
But we prefer value for money. So do the fans which means they won't pay the extortionate prices to see it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Kosh, are you off the dope?
If so get back on it asap!

Shit! I knew I'd forgotten to do something this last couple of weeks...

I do require a chill out.

Right - time for few beers and a couple of wee smokey's and I'll be claiming Suttner is the answer before midnight.

I'll also be naked.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
No panic here I feel we will be all good with the squad we have

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
I need some of what you're on.

We need two decent strikers, a right back, a powerhouse CM and a winger.

It's all about finance though every other club are after those type of players and we simply cannot compete

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Not panicked at all here. Trust in Chris and Tony!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
what is to panic about? Lets enjoy the fact we are premiership for at least 1 season. We have a decent team that could compete though would like to strengthen attacking positions a little.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
As an aside, I think Hernandez would have been great for us even though breaking the wage limit would have made it difficult but will get you 10 goals at least every year and would go some way to guaranteeing survival. 16M + 5M a year in wages (as an example) works out at just over £10M a year over 3 years. We are going to have to pay something near that for striker. (I'm not saying that he would come here or that we were or weren't interested. Just think it's a great bit of business for Wet Sham)

He'll score more than that, natural goalscorer. If reports on his wage demands were true though, way out of our (current) structure.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
what is to panic about? Lets enjoy the fact we are premiership for at least 1 season. We have a decent team that could compete though would like to strengthen attacking positions a little.

For at least one season. TB will ensure we're there for the long term. It's in his hands with many weeks left in this transfer window.

el punal

It's the same old story every year. If we haven't signed at least ten players by the 1st June, then the club are dragging their heels. If we haven't signed a player for at least £30 million then the club are cheap skate tight wads. Roll on kick off time and we can take our minds off this shit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't seem too bothered ?
Blimey Icy.

Yep, we have reached the promised land. If the club don't want to spend what it takes to stay there I can live with that. The Championship is fun and even better with parachute payments. If we spend what it takes to stay up even better.

Just 100% convinced we'll go down if we don't sign the right striker/s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here