Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How panicked are you?

How panicked are you at the Albion's (lack of) transfer activity?

• 10 (Bedwetting every night)

Votes: 9 2.8%

Votes: 10 3.1%

Votes: 21 6.5%

Votes: 32 9.8%

Votes: 41 12.6%

Votes: 37 11.4%

Votes: 33 10.2%

Votes: 39 12.0%

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • 1 (As cool as a cucumber)

Votes: 78 24.0%

• Total voters

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
reasonably. the mood on here has gone from optimism to "well it's no big deal if we go straight back down" in a couple of weeks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cucumber cool. The club has infinitely WAY more to lose than me or thee if they fail to make sufficient signings to give themselves a sporting chance of Premier League survival. Bollocks to it if they fail to invest in a second and maybe even third credible striker and Murray, heaven forbid, breaks his leg in the next friendly or the one after that. Club's loss. Fail to prepare, and all that. Club's got parachute payment insurance. They'll be alright Jack. Life goes on. It'll be 90% of the same bums on seats the season after, no matter which way the upcoming season pans out. Depends how much the club want it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not panicked but far less confident than I was. Maybe we do have to wait until the bigger clubs have done their business but I thought we would have seen a bit more activity and/or sensible speculation by now

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Cucumber cool. Was there in 79. Trust Bloom and Hughton as much (more) than I trusted Bamber and Mullery. Brilliant achievement by a squad over 92 games to reach the Premier League. I think we'll surprise ourselves and a few other people. There are some seriously good footballers in our squad.

If they bring in players like Bamber and Mullery did, of the standard of Steve Foster, Gary Stevens, Peter Suddaby, John Gregory, Neil McNab and Ray Clarke I will be delighted.

I voted 5.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need 5 or 6, and that's actually possible on deadline day.

I'll feel more mellow the sooner we get our top striker and main midfielder, but won't absolutely panic until 7pm deadline day for the rest.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I'm concerned but as I think we will come straight down I'm not bothered if that makes sense. Hopefully we will show enough that even when we go down we can plY some decent stuff, get a few surprise results and attract some decent players next time round.
I do think however that as a squad we are a D at present but that reflects on what we had in the championship not the coming season. Some people's faith in our squad baffles me beyond belief, although they might say the same to me in reverse.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People on here panic at this time every year, even when we HAVE signed a load of players. Get them in early and then they moan when we do no business on Jim White Day.

When has the club ACTUALLY failed to get the numbers required, in, over a summer window*?

*apart from that one time when we started the season with Samir Goodwin / Fenelon up front...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No point in panicking I can do nothing about it. Disappointed and surprised by our lack of action so far then yes. We seem to happy at the moment to surrender our hard won status without giving ourselves a chance and that's a real shame.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
People on here panic at this time every year, even when we HAVE signed a load of players. Get them in early and then they moan when we do no business on Jim White Day.

When has the club ACTUALLY failed to get the numbers required, in, over a summer window*?

*apart from that one time when we started the season with Samir Goodwin / Fenelon up front...

Different ball game this season...We need to strengthen more that other teams in the league...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am a 3. Three. THREE. It's the magic number.

I trust the team to get in the right players according to the parameters set by Chris, Tony and Paul B. I don't think you need "some players" by mid July, I think you need the right players in by end of the window. And I trust a core of last season's players. Dunk, Stephens, Duffy and Knockaert would get in to most of the teams in our PL "mini league" and Murray will score IF he gets service. Gross seems to solve a problem with the midfield / formations. If Baldock starts well he's a confidence player and will certainly create chances at this level.

However we are going in to the great unknown. Losing Netto was a blow despite it being correct not to sign a crock. Getting held to ransom by Abraham was unpleasant, Izzy Brown isn't in the same league IMHO. So there's a part of me that worries that we'll get to deadline day and the choices open to us will be "Carlos Kickaball" for THIRTY MILLION POUNDS or nothing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same as the summer after each of the other 4 'recent' promotions then?

We are probably in a worse place than we were when we went up under McGhee in the playoffs in terms of how ready the current squad is for the battle ahead. All this is guaranteed to become much better by the close of the window apparently.

The Premier League is a much much tougher place to stay in than the Championship especially if you don't spend on the standard of players required.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ask me on 01/09

At present, the strike force isn’t good enough and lacking quality as well as the additional midfielder that is required. We don’t, however, know what it is in the pipeline or what will materialise by deadline day.

We are best price 13/10 to go down. If we didn’t add to the squad, I’d be backing at that price, however, I’d be amazed if we didn’t add to the squad as it stands with at least 2/3 more. Take Stoke. They’ve sold players and haven’t added and are 7/1 to go down. Again, I’d be backing at that but without knowing the squad full picture you are gambling as much about what business will be done as you are on what it is today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here