Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Illegal trader, shamelessly exploiting 5 year old girl, rightly fined by council

D

Deleted member 2719

Indeed. Just look at the state of the club these days.

Buffoons, the lot of them.

Why do you take that i said they were incapable, i just said common sense from some could be applied in simple situations.

Perhaps your just looking at one-upmanship.:shrug:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
What sort of parent would let a five year old set up a stall for perfect strangers,surely he could think of something else to do with his daughter,was it her idea really? People will spend most of their adult lives chasing the mighty buck,just let them play at 5:rolleyes:

Mr Spicer said his daughter loved the idea of setting up a stall near their home.
"She just wanted to put a smile on people's faces. She was really proud of herself," he said.

I would supervised of course. Rather that than she say on an XBOX or watched TV

D

Deleted member 2719

What sort of parent would let a five year old set up a stall for perfect strangers,surely he could think of something else to do with his daughter,was it her idea really? People will spend most of their adult lives chasing the mighty buck,just let them play at 5:rolleyes:

Lets face it, it was vodka for a fiver.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do you take that i said they were incapable, i just said common sense from some could be applied in simple situations.

I took that you said they're incapable, because you stated that the senior management at BHAFC needed an injection of common sense. That suggests you feel that they are incapable in some way.

Can give an example where you think some common sense needed to be injected ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Let's put it another way.

Man decides he will try and make some money by setting up a street stall on the main route to a festival selling some homemade stuff. He doesn't have a license to trade but thinks he'll do it anyway. He takes along his 5-year old daughter as an aid to selling (much like street beggars use a dog to appeal more - or possibly as a way to earn brownie points with the missus, it doesn't really matter).

When the enforcement officers ask for his trading license, he hasn't got one. So he is given a ticket and subject to a fine as would have any other unlicensed traders cashing in on the festival traffic.

His daughter would not have been given the fine, far far too young. He then decides to contact a paper who subsequently sensationalise it claiming a 5-year old has been fined, and miraculously the fine goes away. RESULT.

D

Deleted member 2719

I took that you said they're incapable, because you stated that the senior management at BHAFC needed an injection of common sense. That suggests you feel that they are incapable in some way.

Can give an example where you think some common sense needed to be injected ?

I think you know what i am getting at, but i am not getting deep into that one again.

Lets just say going that extra mile to help rather than piss off their customers and hence lose their business hundreds of pounds revenue for the sake of a fiver.

I call that common sense.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As an aside, the rare times I have popped into Brighton lately, I have seen teenagers in high vis jackets, usually either overweight or scrawny with the title "Enforcement Officer" emblazoned across their backs.
Anyone know exactly what these kids are there to "enforce" as most of them look like they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, let alone enforce anything on an adult?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Man decides he will try and make some money by setting up a street stall on the main route to a festival selling some homemade stuff. He doesn't have a license to trade but thinks he'll do it anyway. He takes along his 5-year old daughter as an aid to selling (much like street beggars use a dog to appeal more - or possibly as a way to earn brownie points with the missus, it doesn't really matter).

When the enforcement officers ask for his trading license, he hasn't got one. So he is given a ticket and subject to a fine as would have any other unlicensed traders cashing in on the festival traffic.

His daughter would not have been given the fine, far far too young. He then decides to contact a paper who subsequently sensationalise it claiming a 5-year old has been fined, and miraculously the fine goes away. RESULT.

Or there is no hygiene check and there was an outbreak of food poisoning as it hasn't been licensed ? Nothing is ever as simple as it's portrayed in the sensationalist press we have

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you know what i am getting at, but i am not getting deep into that one again.

Lets just say going that extra mile to help rather than piss off their customers and hence lose their business hundreds of pounds revenue for the sake of a fiver.

I call that common sense.

Ahh, Daughters Shirtgate. I'd forgotten that was you actually. It all becomes clear.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Maybe. The phrase "My daughter loved the idea" means that it came from him. No it doesn't.My children have lots of ideas that they love

My main discomfort is that, as the parent of a 5 year old, I would have accepted my own error of judgement early doors with the police, the council and particularly the press.

see above. I disagree with you that it was his idea.That said it's almost irrelevant. Even if it was his idea (which is ambiguous) i would have no problems with my 5 year old selling what looks like homemade lemonade in plastic cups to people for 50p and there is no way on earth she should have been treated in the way she was.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Common sense would be enrolling your daughter long before she was 7 years old.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Quite possibly. Looks like it was him that was fined, not the kid.........

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

so why was it revoked and an apology issued? your above expanation would be totally passable to people. But they didn't, they apologised for their obvious error of judgement and stated that their officers should have used common sense.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here