Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Illegal trader, shamelessly exploiting 5 year old girl, rightly fined by council

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I saw that earlier ..... it just re-enforces my view of the type of people that work for local authorities and their contractors !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Poor girl, that's a terrible thing to have happen.

Maybe because I've always been office based in my employment, but whenever I read a story like that, I tend to think of the bloke who has that come across his desk and thinks "Oh FFS, what were they thinking of? Great, I've now got to clean this nonsense up."

Lemonade stall are a funny thing, my kids ALWAYS wanted to do on on the end of our drive. They never quite understood the reality of "passing trade" and how that is restricted when you live in a cul-de-sac.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Love the idea that this wee girl used some initiative and derived some pleasure from what she was doing only to end as it did.

I remember as a kid all the schemes we tried in order to earn some pocket money such as knocking on doors to clean cars.

Shocking.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Let's hope she has declared the income from the stand to HMRC otherwise another fine could be coming.

Seriously though, the young girl may have seen the selling of lemonade on the Simpsons or the HSBC advert where no issues are raised. Why couldn't a quiet word have been given to the father to avoid the distress to the young girl. Just another example of targets and/or inflexibility by those in uniforms

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Staggering incompetence and poor judgement. Do these "officers" undergo ANY training at all?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The only thing that could save these blokes is that fact that she was clearly there with her dad, and it clearly wasn't just outside their house

When I initially read it I thought it was a girl at the end of her drive or just outside the house and it was a nice gesture. But the Dad knew the guys were going to say to move on, and they had to pack up and go home. Had they moved to a different area to target more festival goers and make more money?

Yes it is mad that she couldn't sell it but the story appears slightly sensationalised and the guys might not have targeted the 5 year old but instead her Dad

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
****ing joke 4 officers are you serious. Maybe they could have been more better placed to be searching dealers and touts at the festivals. *****

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I'm inclined to feel the same about sensationalist journalism, they obviously weren't fining the little girl but her dad, that doesn't make it excusable though, how tactless and thick do you have to be to gang up on a little girl and charge her dad £150 for setting up a lemonade stall?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If 4 cops came at my kids enjoying selling lemonade I would be in the nick when I would expect people selling other stuff on the festival route which plain clothed PCs would be offered. So so wrong I find this

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
****ing joke 4 officers are you serious. Maybe they could have been more better placed to be searching dealers and touts at the festivals. *****

If 4 cops came at my kids enjoying selling lemonade I would be in the nick when I would expect people selling other stuff on the festival route which plain clothed PCs would be offered. So so wrong I find this

Council workers, not policemen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here