Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concert ticket rip off fees

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Think this is bad - have a look at secondary sites such as Viagogo or Getmein - make these add ons look stingy.........

This. Apparently two MPs from the Culture Committee turned up at the recently discovered UK Viagogo office to present a letter asking questions on behalf of their constituents. Doorman barred them from entering and threatened to call the police.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Whats the difference between a 'facility fee' and a 'service charge'?

Theater Royal is the same - they charge a flat £2.80 transaction fee, and then a ticket fee on top (usually about 10% per ticket).

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The last time I used ticketmaster ( I hate ticketmaster but little choice) I paid the usual add ons. When the tickets arrived they weren't even the standard ticket in an envelope but an A4 bit of paper with two perforated sections which represented so called tickets. I guess this is to keep their costs down. Complete and utter scum merchants.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Always hilarious when your get charged a Booking Fee for buying a ticket..... maybe we should just not buy tickets for a calendar week in protest ? Or should Southern/Southdown/Stagecoach start charging a fee for the inconvenience of having to sell tickets ?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The whole ticketing industry needs a massive shake up.

The service charge or booking fee that you almost always see added even by the primary ticket agents is normally 10%+. But to get an allocation of tickets the primary sites have to bid on the basis of offering a rebate from these fees back to the promoter - further inflating the promoter's profits. And that's before they even start feeding tickets directly through secondary sites for vastly inflated prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here