Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pussy Riot. The Haunt 19 Nov.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah I went with a friend, we left quite shocked. I (stupidly) was expectit of its powering a crazy Russian punk band, even knowing their history. That drug they were given sounds like hell on Earth. A water bottle hit my head and I picked it up. When I got home I was still clutching it

Yeah, the Starlings were amazing too! Were you standing at the back btw?

Was standing nearer the back than the front I suppose, close enough to clearly see the performers, the subtitles and the bottom third of the screen. Can imagine the piece would have lost quite a bit of its power and most of its meaning if you were too far back to see the subtitles on account of that pesky low ceiling. The water bottle throwing/spraying sequence was mental and highly effective I thought, maybe symbolised the violent rage against the machine felt by the victims of the regime.

Oh, and here's a picture of that lovely wee sunset on Sunday night (not pictured:starlings)

Brighton Seafront Sunset 191117.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, sort of. The Argus reviewer LITERALLY nicked my review from on here, grammatical constructs included, padded it out a bit and passed it off as his own. Unbelievable Jeff! :ohmy:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/leisure/a...sy_Riot__The_Haunt__November_19_____________/

The Argus's official complaints procedure has been invoked. Watch this space...

Just a quick update on this in case anybody's interested. The Argus failed to even acknowledge receipt of my complaint, let alone address it. So it's now gone off to the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Who HAVE acknowledged it. Watch this space...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Just a quick update on this in case anybody's interested. The Argus failed to even acknowledge receipt of my complaint, let alone address it. So it's now gone off to the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Who HAVE acknowledged it. Watch this space...

good for you for pursuing this. Just read Maria Alyokhina's book, she really is a remarkable lady

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tuesday update as promised for those still vaguely interested in this drawn out saga of downright intellectual theft and also of dereliction of duty by a so-called responsible local paper

Step #1 - Tweet sent to thieving scumbag and more importantly to the publications he brags about 'writing' for

[tweet]960882502012489728[/tweet]

Step #2 - Hard copy letter send to Managing Director of Argus parent company, and cc'ed to Argus editor by name, asking why a responsible company fails to respond, or even acknowledge, a legitimate complaint against one of their reviewers, sent through their published complaints procedure and to the editor's published personal email account.

Don't get mad, get even.

Watch this space... :wink:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Tuesday update as promised for those still vaguely interested in this drawn out saga of downright intellectual theft and also of dereliction of duty by a so-called responsible local paper

Step #1 - Tweet sent to thieving scumbag and more importantly to the publications he brags about 'writing' for

[tweet]960882502012489728[/tweet]

Step #2 - Hard copy letter send to Managing Director of Argus parent company, and cc'ed to Argus editor by name, asking why a responsible company fails to respond, or even acknowledge, a legitimate complaint against one of their reviewers, sent through their published complaints procedure and to the editor's published personal email account.

Don't get mad, get even.

Watch this space... :wink:

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here