Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Brighton are heading back to the Championship?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I'm gobsmacked that he placed the blame for Brighton not going up as champions on Stockdale's shoulders.

That's just so out of order.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I could only go back 18 months but found these little gems

6.01.2016 Transfer window "Words are cheap........so there are always plenty of posts about possible signings. It's action we need and soon."

25.08.2016 1 year ago. "Another week gone by and still no permanent striker in but at least we haven't lost anyone....yet"

28.01.2017 Transfer window "We need some signings in this transfer window but it looks like we'll be doing nothing again."

These posts by the same poster. I wonder who it was?

Here's a clue "Time for bed " Boing...

He's never so happy, as when he's miserable.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I'm gobsmacked that he placed the blame for Brighton not going up as champions on Stockdale's shoulders.

That's just so out of order.
But if Stockdale had managed to keep his shoulders out of the way at Norwich we would have been champions, so the blame could lie with Stockdale's shoulders.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
"Even the players rumoured to be joining the club are not going to help them survive."

This bizarre statement sums up the article! What hope have we got if even the rumoured players are substandard. :(

I've started some rumours that we are launching bids for Messi, Ronaldo, Bale and Zlatan. Rumours like that should help us stay up given the logic in the original article.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder how Huddersfield are going to fair in League One this season? After all, they were tipped by many for relegation last season...Oh, hang on a minute! :lol:

Anybody who knows even the slightest bit about football knows that predictions mean f all.

Next.

Yoda

English & European
Not taking any notice after citing Sam Vokes as having a large amount of Premier League experience. Just totaled it up as a grand total of 11 sub appearances over three seasons with Wolves. Most of it was loaned out to clubs in League One & the Championship.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He does make a valid point about the old squad but to definitively state thay we won't even CHALLENGE to survive and to claim we could end the season on as little as 10 points is just dumb and clearly the words of someone that has some issue with the club.

Would love to know who the players better than Groß (the guy that created the most chances of any player in the Bundesliga last season in a relegated side) that have played in England and would've cost the same are as well. Oh and Suttner is a 'poor' signing (no elaboration on this or even a mention of his name in the piece) despite having better stats than any other LB in the Bundesliga last season, also in a relegated side.

No idea where he is getting Sam Vokes PL experience from either; he made 11 bit-part appearances in the Prem for Wolves over 3 seasons before going up with Burnley... Not exactly a seasoned veteran.

If you're going to masquerade as a journalist, at least do your research and back up your claims.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The article title is actually "Brighton: Why the Seagulls are headed back to the Championship"

That's where I stopped reading.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There is a more simple reason why Brighton are heading back to the Championship. At some point over the next few years everyone except probably the Manchester teams, the Liverpool teams, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham will be heading back to the Championship. Predicting who will go when is as inexact a science as predicting how competitive a squad any one club will have 20 days into a 62 day transfer window.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm pretty sure Palace, who luckily got promoted a few years didn't spend a huge amount in their 1st season. They started really poorly as well as expected, but managed to pick up a few results late on to stay up.

After a few years, they seem to be spending crazy money, despite the smallish size of the ground ect.

So, I guess that's what Brighton are hoping to do as well, with the added advantage of our better facilities.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here