Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chester Bennington dies age 41

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I won't hijack the thread any longer but just to say that I'm pleased that Korn's lead singer is being called out for his crass remarks over this death. I hope that he learns, just as Henry Rollins did after making similar comments, just what mental illness can do to a person.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Just watched this from their Mk bowl gig with Jay Z. Brilliant stuff. Proper happy memories now mixed with the sadness of why I'm watching it now.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I don't understand the point of a post like this.

If you are genuine in your condolences there is absolutely no need to post that you have no idea who he is. Although surely the video El Pres posted would have given you some sort of a clue...

If you are not genuine then why bother posting(three minutes after the thread is started)? It should be obvious that the guy would mean something to at least a few people and probably a whole lot more.

It just seems a bit pointlessly snide.

You don't have to understand it.

I did do some research after I'd posted - it appears to be a tragedy. Does one have to "know" the person in order to post condolences?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You don't have to understand it.

I did do some research after I'd posted - it appears to be a tragedy. Does one have to "know" the person in order to post condolences?

No.

If you are genuine in your condolences you don't need to post anything about your ignorance. Maybe it wasn't your intention but it looks snide and insincere.

I won't hijack the thread any longer but just to say that I'm pleased that Korn's lead singer is being called out for his crass remarks over this death. I hope that he learns, just as Henry Rollins did after making similar comments, just what mental illness can do to a person.
If you're talking about Brian "Head" Welch, he's one of the guitarists not the lead singer, who is Jonathan Davis. Just to clear that up.

Have only got into metal in the three years or so, but those first two LP records are stone wall classics. From Pretty much everyone I know my age (mid 20s) who got into the genre did so through Hybrid Theory, so this has hit them all hard. One of the quintessential gateway bands into metal.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hybrid Theory was the first and only album where I knew every word to every track. It might sound like a strange combination but Green Day and Linkin Park were the two bands of my teens when I first started getting into music I guess and I tend to stick with what I know so have mostly had Green Day and LP in my ears for the past 16 years. I'm not one for these kind of threads and mourning famous people generally but must admit this one has hit me a little bit as the blokes voice has been in my ears for so many years! RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here