Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke de Jour.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Just as one of our football team was about to run on to the pitch today, he blu-tacked a pheasant to his nose. He said it was his "Game-face".

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm not buying it. There's no way blu-tac is strong enough to attach a pheasant to a nose.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I find it hard to believe that blu tack would have the necessary adhesive qualities to attach such a large bird to human skin. And for that reason I am out.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Absolutely no way no-one had noticed he'd brought a pheasant with him until the moment they ran onto the pitch.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Even if we're supposed to believe he was using some sort of super-blu-tac to address the previously discussed practical issues, the whole notion strikes me as highly inadvisable. Leaving aside the problem of trying to see the ball past a madly flapping pheasant, the first time anyone yelled "Shoot!", he'd end up with his face riddled with bullets from a posh bloke in a tweed jacket.

It's a no from me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Did he not know that it's currently the close season - for both football and pheasants? Ungentlemanly conduct; illegal too in the latter case.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Assuming the blu-tacking was possible

I'd presume that the pheasant would have to have an identification marker, would would lead to cries of fowl play as that would surely make them a ringer

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
You can stick a car upside down to a car park roof if you use enough blu-tac. I therefore conclude that this scenario is accurate. Not funny, but accurate.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Why would he do that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here