Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James MacArthur

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur is wanted by Brighton.

The newly-promoted south coast club are looking for a midfielder especially after a deal for Gent's Renato Neto fell through last week.

Albion have completed the signing of Norwegian central midfield prospect Mathias Normann for their under-23s squad but the 29-year-old McArthur has been targeted as a player of proven Premier league experience who can help them consolidate in heir first season.

McArthur is expected to leave Palace this summer as Frank de Boer looks to re-shape his midfield. Burnley and other Premier League sides have also expressed an interest in the Scotland international as have Aston Villa.
Apologies for my appalling spelling on the title .
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4nOBNP4c0

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wouldn't mind. Experienced and decent enough .

Palace fans raved about him lots but of course he will be considered shite it comes here .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If he was younger and left-sided he would be a useful addition. I would not put him top of the list although he is quite a good player.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
A solid if unspectacular player. Would be an upgrade on Norwood but we would still need another CM IMO.

What do you reckon Douglas?

An upgrade on Norwood only? Are you that arrogant to think he's not better than Kayal or Sidwell? Stephens is decent but I'd say there's not much in it between him and Jimmy Mac. This would be a good signing for you.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur is wanted by Brighton.

The newly-promoted south coast club are looking for a midfielder especially after a deal for Gent's Renato Neto fell through last week.

Albion have completed the signing of Norwegian central midfield prospect Mathias Normann for their under-23s squad but the 29-year-old McArthur has been targeted as a player of proven Premier league experience who can help them consolidate in heir first season.

McArthur is expected to leave Palace this summer as Frank de Boer looks to re-shape his midfield. Burnley and other Premier League sides have also expressed an interest in the Scotland international as have Aston Villa.
Apologies for my appalling spelling on the title .
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4nOBNP4c0

For a bird you should get back in your kitchen and leave all this stuff to proper men like every bloke on NSC - apart from BG:moo:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
An upgrade on Norwood only? Are you that arrogant to think he's not better than Kayal or Sidwell? Stephens is decent but I'd say there's not much in it between him and Jimmy Mac. This would be a good signing for you.

'Arrogant'? Really? :ffsparr:

Norwood is the one that's on his way out, hence the comparison. I couldn't say if he is better than Kayal or Sidwell and hadn't given it any thought. Upgrading the squad as a whole is the key concern at the moment; McArthur in and Norwood out would be decent business.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Not arrogant, but no better than what we've got. (Admittedly based on very few times seen him live and TV).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
So we've gone from Neto to McArther. What's next, a three year extension for Norwood? FML.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Jimmy Mac made an instant impact after signing for Wigan and had an excellent first two years with the club. In that time I'd say he was probably one of our best players. Unfortunately he sustained ligament damage last season and hasn't been the same player since his return. If he could return to his form of 2015, he'd be a massive upgrade on your current midfielders. He's a solid box to box midfielder; he can tackle, he can carry the ball and he'll chip in with the odd goal as well.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Jimmy Mac made an instant impact after signing for Wigan and had an excellent first two years with the club. In that time I'd say he was probably one of our best players. Unfortunately he sustained ligament damage last season and hasn't been the same player since his return. If he could return to his form of 2015, he'd be a massive upgrade on your current midfielders. He's a solid box to box midfielder; he can tackle, he can carry the ball and he'll chip in with the odd goal as well.

That would be the crux of it I guess

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If the plan is to make Suttner look world class, then this is the signing for us.

If he could return to the form blah blah blah etc. Jesus H Christ! we're clutching at straws here.

A serious injury at 28-29, almost no chance of recapturing his former zip etc.

If he's the best we can do, we're screwed. Plain and simple.

All those years of effort, all the PL ready talk... I just can't understand what the ****ery is going on.

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Signing him would increase the strength in depth and add
some much needed PL experience, would be relatively happy with Snodgrass too, 1 top striker as our marque signing and Gomez and Ithink we would be good to go with a view to making additions in January once we know who has stepped up

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For 2 million quid as quoted that would be a steal, If fully fit would sit alongside Stephens very nicely

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I agree with all that, that season Jimmy was the first on the team sheet. I will be sorry to see him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here