Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Red Pill - Men's Rights documentary by a Feminist (banned in Aus)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Get a f'ing grip. Assuming you're a white male you've had every advantage going.

If you're offended by that imagine how women must feel being paid less, promoted less, losing a career because they have a kid etc.

This pretty much sums it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkJOcpapKGI

Sounds like you could benefit from watching the documentary, if you are open minded enough. The differences between genders in earnings and in the promotion stakes is entirely a result of the life choices men and women make. If you compare like for like, same qualifications, same amount of experience, same hours worked etc, then women are paid slightly more than men. The entire ideas that women are underpaid because they are women, and that men have had "every advantage going" are myths. They're powerful myths, but they aren't true.

& I'm saying that as someone who believed them 100%, right up until I actually checked for myself.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
& I'm saying that as someone who believed them 100%, right up until I actually checked for myself.

VERY interesting video. Do you have any other links to vids or even better, statistics that I (and other lazy sods) could per peruse?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Go put your knickers on and make me a cup of tea.
If you want equality, then men can moan about the shit they get from women too. If you dont, fair enough, I personally think men and women are quite different in many ways and equality in every aspect is not useful or right.

If he wants to moan about someone saying he's got man flu he's more than welcome to. My point was using that as an example of sexsim against men was pretty weak given the sh*t women have to put up with on a day to day basis.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Sounds like you could benefit from watching the documentary, if you are open minded enough. The differences between genders in earnings and in the promotion stakes is entirely a result of the life choices men and women make. If you compare like for like, same qualifications, same amount of experience, same hours worked etc, then women are paid slightly more than men. The entire ideas that women are underpaid because they are women, and that men have had "every advantage going" are myths. They're powerful myths, but they aren't true.

My point is that in general woman have it harder than men, and that equating someone saying you have "man flu" to the sexist bullsh*t women have to put up with is pathetic. The message in that clip (36 years out of date, but anyway) is that two people, black, white, man, woman whatever with exactly the same experience and education earn broadly the same amount. Fine, may be true nowadays, may not be, I don't know. But I do that there are only 6 female chief execs of FTSE 100 companies. And I know that I don't need to watch the documentary to know that women have historically had and (perhaps to a lesser degree) continue to have a harder time of career progression and therefore earnings potential than men.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
VERY interesting video. Do you have any other links to vids or even better, statistics that I (and other lazy sods) could per peruse?

Thomas Sowell is a great mind on many issues. I'm pretty new to these particular issues myself, but there is a lot of good information in The Red Pill movie, so I would recommend starting there. I also did a google search and I came across this reddit which looks like it has a lot of statistics about men's rights issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MRRef/

Here is an interesting statistic, 70% of nonreciprocal domestic violence is perpetrated by women. I'm pretty sure services for men who suffer domestic violence are not even close to being 50-50, infact I'm not sure they exist at all in many places.

Bizarrely this statistic was reported on a Feminist website, in which the author goes on to joke about domestic violence (when it's women abusing men) and ends the article with "He was, uh, totally asking for it.".

http://jezebel.com/294383/have-you-ever-beat-up-a-boyfriend-cause-uh-we-have

Domestic violence is an awful thing, no matter what the gender of the perpetrator or the victim and I am surprised to find myself at odds with feminism for believing that.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
What a bunch of snowflakes

Seriously people.

Men are not systematically oppressed. And never have been. No matter how hurt your individual feelings may have been by a women at some point it doesn't make this fact any less true.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My point is that in general woman have it harder than men, and that equating someone saying you have "man flu" to the sexist bullsh*t women have to put up with is pathetic. The message in that clip (36 years out of date, but anyway) is that two people, black, white, man, woman whatever with exactly the same experience and education earn broadly the same amount. Fine, may be true nowadays, may not be, I don't know. But I do that there are only 6 female chief execs of FTSE 100 companies. And I know that I don't need to watch the documentary to know that women have historically had and (perhaps to a lesser degree) continue to have a harder time of career progression and therefore earnings potential than men.

No I respect what you believe, and I understand why you believe it, but you are incorrect. Women do not suffer discrimination when it comes to career progression or wages.

The statistic is correct, there are many more men in executive positions than women, but the idea that this is because of discrimination against women is false. It is a result of the choices men and women make. If you want to hold an executive position then what you will need to do is work significant hours, sacrafice to a significant degree your family and social life, and take little to no time off. Men are simply prepared to do this in larger numbers than women are. That is not to judge women in any way, the statistics simply bare this out. Women work on average fewer hours than men, they take more time off, and generally value a work life balance more than men. Some men (and to a lesser extent women) take their careers so seriously as to sacrafice almost everything else in their life, arguably to a fault, and those who approach their careers in this way end up as preferred candidates for executive positions.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Seriously people.

Men are not systematically oppressed. And never have been. No matter how hurt your individual feelings may have been by a women at some point it doesn't make this fact any less true.

Nobody is saying men are oppressed. We are saying that women are not, and that the issues affecting men are as important as issues affecting women.

All that is being said is that men and women, and the problems they face, are of equal value and concern.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

If you read my post again you will notice I specifically said it was "low level" sexist remarks and therefore was not trying to equate my personal experiences with more extreme incidents.
You also were assuming in my post that I am a white male and therefore should be aware of the advantages I have been given . I am not sure how you can know what advantages I may or may not have personally had as you have never met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Nobody is saying men are oppressed. We are saying that women are not, and that the issues affecting men are as important as issues affecting women.

All that is being said is that men and women, and the problems they face, are of equal value and concern.

Well that is still very obviously a load of old tosh (even assuming we are talking UK, and not global and it's not clear that is the case)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Well that is still very obviously a load of old tosh (even assuming we are talking UK, and not global and it's not clear that is the case)

It's interesting highflyer that your responses seem to be far more emotive than some of the posts your are quoting. Just because you don't agree, it doesn't mean the debate cannot continue.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Seriously people.

Jesus you need to open a history book.

Go visit a national war memorial and compare the names of the men who lost their lives compared to the women.

Men have been systematically oppressed for thousands of years. That is an irrefutable fact.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

Thomas Sowell is one of my heroes. I'm currently reading one of his books. "Economic facts and fallacies" I wish he had gone in to politics when he was the age of this video. He is now about 90 years old and still writing great stuff. This man should have been the first Black President of the US.

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Obviously things have improved considerably in the UK and my personal feminism* is primarily driven by the global situation.

However (as starters)...

In the UK
Although women make up 51 per cent of the population, they are only 29 per cent of MPs, 25 per cent of judges and 24 per cent of FTSE 100 directors.

Women still occupy the lowest-paid jobs - three-quarters of the people who've done minimum wage jobs in the last 10 years are women. Working women earn 81p for every pound a man earns - and at the current rate it will be 70 years before that gap eventually closes.

My main point though is 'mens rights' are not under threat. Stop playing the victims. It looks silly.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Obviously things have improved considerably in the UK and my personal feminism* is primarily driven by the global situation.

However (as starters)...

In the UK
Although women make up 51 per cent of the population, they are only 29 per cent of MPs, 25 per cent of judges and 24 per cent of FTSE 100 directors.

Women still occupy the lowest-paid jobs - three-quarters of the people who've done minimum wage jobs in the last 10 years are women. Working women earn 81p for every pound a man earns - and at the current rate it will be 70 years before that gap eventually closes.

My main point though is 'mens rights' are not under threat. Stop playing the victims. It looks silly.

Economists have debunked that lie many a time. Stop spinning that line as a truth.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karina...uy-into-the-gender-pay-gap-myth/#1930c0582596

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

How is this clip 36 years out of date? It's even more relevant because this interview was such a long time ago! Do you think in the last 36 years that things have not improved further?

And you do need to watch the documentary. Dismissing it before watching it shows poor attitude and close mindedness.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

However (as starters)...

In the UK

Women are not paid less than men, that is illegal. Wages are equal, earnings are not.

If person A and person B both are paid £40kPA for example, and person A takes home £40k, and person B takes home £35k, what does that tell you? It tells you that person B worked fewer hours than person A.

The reason why less women are MPs, Judges and executives I addressed in my previous post, it's because of the choices men and women make. There are many more women than men in some professions, and that is not because men are being discriminated against in those professions either. More men study physics than women, and it is often said that we need more women studying physics. But there are also more women than men studying biology but I've never heard it said that we need more men studying biology.

You are making the mistake of thinking that every profession and area of study or public life should have an equal split of 50-50 male and female, and if this is not the case then it must be a result of discrimination. That simply isn't true.

I appreciate how difficult it is to have long held and strongly felt beliefs challenged, all I can urge you to do is watch the documentary, which features both sides of the argument, then come to a better informed opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here