Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket transfers

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
They may indeed say that,

However, if you look at section 3.3 for the Terms and Conditions of Sale for Home Match Tickets you will find this text:

In the event that you and/or your Guest are unable to use any Home Match Ticket then you may transfer that Home Match Ticket(s) to a natural person who is known to you personally who would be entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry) to purchase such Home Match Ticket and attend such Match PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3) apply to the transferee as if he were the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer.

So you can give your ticket to someone else provided you know them, they aren't banned and they pay you no more than the face value. I don't understand how that is compatible with the text you quote above, but then I'm no lawyer.

There is similar text for Season Tickets, with the added phrase of 'Club consent', i.e. "You may only sell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, provided that such sale or transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match ...............etc "

Oh dear, my cyborg brother will be very disappointed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They may indeed say that,

However, if you look at section 3.3 for the Terms and Conditions of Sale for Home Match Tickets you will find this text:

In the event that you and/or your Guest are unable to use any Home Match Ticket then you may transfer that Home Match Ticket(s) to a natural person who is known to you personally who would be entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry) to purchase such Home Match Ticket and attend such Match PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3) apply to the transferee as if he were the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer.

So you can give your ticket to someone else provided you know them, they aren't banned and they pay you no more than the face value. I don't understand how that is compatible with the text you quote above, but then I'm no lawyer.

There is similar text for Season Tickets, with the added phrase of 'Club consent', i.e. "You may only sell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, provided that such sale or transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match ...............etc "

Somewhat foolishly probably, I've just taken a look at the various Ts&Cs that you've linked to.

Whilst you're quite correct in what you have quoted above, it is from the "HOME MATCH TICKET CONDITIONS OF ISSUE" which I interpret as being single match tickets.

Under "Season Ticket Terms & Conditions (Season 2017/18)", I can't find anything similar. The "Use of Season Ticket" section states:

3.1 Subject to clause 3.2, below, Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club.

3.2 You may only sell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, provided that such sale or transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and provided further that such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such resale or transfer is hereby provided to be subject to the Terms and Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause) apply to and bind that Guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the Season Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this).

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So. How does it work with my partners season ticket. It has her name on and classification as ambulant disabled adult. The ticket I use also has her name on alongside the classification ambulant disabled companion. Now obviously she cant enter the ground twice but to me that appears to be a ticket she can transfer to whoever she wants to accompany her on a game by game basis though the t and c's being quoted here suggest this is against the law. Does she now need to contact the club to advise who will be using it each game and get their approval

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Somewhat foolishly probably, I've just taken a look at the various Ts&Cs that you've linked to.

Whilst you're quite correct in what you have quoted above, it is from the "HOME MATCH TICKET CONDITIONS OF ISSUE" which I interpret as being single match tickets.

Under "Season Ticket Terms & Conditions (Season 2017/18)", I can't find anything similar. The "Use of Season Ticket" section states:

3.1 Subject to clause 3.2, below, Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club.

3.2 You may only sell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, provided that such sale or transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and provided further that such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such resale or transfer is hereby provided to be subject to the Terms and Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause) apply to and bind that Guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the Season Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this).

Yeah, that's at the bottom of my post. As the T&C's then go into detail about such transfers, the kind of transfers that would be acceptable and the number of ticket upgrades allowed (max of 6, I think), it could easily be interpreted that consent will not be unreasonably withheld by the club.

The original piece of text referred to "supporters are reminded that tickets are strictly non-transferable and any transfer or resale of tickets is illegal" also doesn't specify season tickets and as such is at odds with their own T&C's

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So. How does it work with my partners season ticket. It has her name on and classification as ambulant disabled adult. The ticket I use also has her name on alongside the classification ambulant disabled companion. Now obviously she cant enter the ground twice but to me that appears to be a ticket she can transfer to whoever she wants to accompany her on a game by game basis though the t and c's being quoted here suggest this is against the law. Does she now need to contact the club to advise who will be using it each game and get their approval

No, separate T & C's for these tickets

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
I am surprised that the club doesn't offer a mechanism to allow transfer say a £5 to let a friend or family use your seat. I attend nearly all games and if I can't and the club offer buy back for a £20 store voucher I let my seat go empty

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am surprised that the club doesn't offer a mechanism to allow transfer say a £5 to let a friend or family use your seat. I attend nearly all games and if I can't and the club offer buy back for a £20 store voucher I let my seat go empty

There will be a proper ticket exchange for this coming season. We've yet to be told what the compensation to "sellers" is going to be.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The T&Cs quoted from Manchester United seemed much more sensible and grounded in realism. Albion's lawyers may be shit-hot but a bit of plain English could go a long way. I wonder if this is just a precursor to the club really pushing the ticket exchange this year as it looks to be a way of making extra money. From memory, wasn't the deal before that the ST holder got something like £15 (lower than they'd effectively paid for that match)... and the person buying the seat would then be paying the much higher 'match by match' price. Whereas if you get a mate in, you can probably recoup the full ST cost of the seat for that game, and they still get a good deal. Everyone's happy ... except the club.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
My mate sitting next to me now has this scenario:

- He has an OAP season ticket.
- He's now moving away.
- He still wants to go to 4-5 games this season.
- We've plenty of friends (who aren't OAPs) who'd like to come (including both JCLs and proper Albion fans of many years).

Anyone know if he can "upgrade" his whole season ticket to a full priced adult one, from OAP? This seems unlikely but can't see how else he can keep this seat, to come to some games at least, and allow our mates to use it rest of the time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

- He's now moving away.
- We've plenty of friends (who aren't OAPs) who'd like to come (including both JCLs and proper Albion fans of many years).

Anyone know if he can "upgrade" his whole season ticket to a full priced adult one, from OAP? This seems unlikely but can't see how else he can keep this seat, to come to some games at least, and allow our mates to use it rest of the time.

I recall someone reporting a similar issue a few weeks ago, but st the other end of the age range. Their son had a U21 ST, and could only get to 4-5 games a season (off to uni). Given the max 6 games upgrade limit, he enquirer whether he could upgrade for the whole season. The answer was "no".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

- He's now moving away.

I don't think you can now as it's seen as essentially transferring the ticket to someone else, which can not be done out of fairness to the thousands on the ST waiting list.

You'll have to call supporter services, but I wouldn't be doing so with any real optimism.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

- He's now moving away.

I don't know if this is possible this season, but it was last season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There will be a proper ticket exchange for this coming season. We've yet to be told what the compensation to "sellers" is going to be.

Think he meant a system for STH to allow a friend to use their ticket with club's blessing for an administration fee of £5 rather than list the ticket for resale and get compensation of £5.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Hi Bozza, I see arrangements for Man City ticket exchange announced today.

Taking into account the price rise this season and the impact of less games the new deal is worse than last year and still only store gift vouchers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here