Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(No) Loyalty points for STH guest.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But there is a category for people with 'Amex Purchase History'

My Grandchildren aged 4 & 5 are ready to start going to football now. (They're going to their first game at Southend next week, we live in Essex)

They've not been to The Amex, the only way they can go is as a STH guest, but even then they will have no Amex purchase history, so will only ever be able to go as a guest.

I have sympathy, but again, if they buy the Young Seagulls Plus membership, they can bypass the purchase history. Secondly, I am convinced these tickets will go on general sale eventually, I doubt it will be a sell-out to people with purchase history and above. Third - have you rung the club and asked for a fan number for them? If they join Young Seagulls (free) they might be able to buy tickets with no purchase history.

and if they want the loyalty points to matter in future, they need the paid membership - although points are stored until such time as this is bought, admittedly

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It wouldn't as there's no "General sale" phase on any club details for home tickets.

The lowest category listed is "Amex purchase history", but there is now no way to get that if you don't have it already, short of stumping up the cash for Bronze or YS+ membership.

How will they get awarded points for those if tickets are only sold to Bronze members, STH or people with Amex purchase history?

I didn't realise there was no "anybody" class for the last remaining tickets - I agree that is wrong

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have sympathy, but again, if they buy the Young Seagulls Plus membership, they can bypass the purchase history. Secondly, I am convinced these tickets will go on general sale eventually, I doubt it will be a sell-out to people with purchase history and above. Third - have you rung the club and asked for a fan number for them? If they join Young Seagulls (free) they might be able to buy tickets with no purchase history.

and if they want the loyalty points to matter in future, they need the paid membership - although points are stored until such time as this is bought, admittedly

They are Young Seagulls (free) and have fan numbers, unfortunately they still don't have an Amex purchase History and therefore can't get tickets in their own name. I have tried.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It wouldn't as there's no "General sale" phase on any club details for home tickets.

The lowest category listed is "Amex purchase history", but there is now no way to get that if you don't have it already, short of stumping up the cash for Bronze or YS+ membership.

this assumes there will be no "General Sale" available as these games come up and a few thousand seats unsold. though they may have crunched the numbers and recognise there's very little chance of tickets available after the Purchase History round, as unfortunate as the consequence are.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
this assumes there will be no "General Sale" available as these games come up and a few thousand seats unsold. though they may have crunched the numbers and recognise there's very little chance of tickets available after the Purchase History round, as unfortunate as the consequence are.

There is no general sale listed for the West Brom game. And why would you want to wait and risk not getting one when your STH friend can buy one for you today?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There is no general sale listed for the West Brom game. And why would you want to wait and risk not getting one when your STH friend can buy one for you today?

fiar point. is this STH friend thing new? dont recall from before, my STH friend has offered for the first games (cant go myself). expect its going to soak up alot of tickets. it would seem fair to allocate these to the guest.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
fiar point. is this STH friend thing new? dont recall from before, my STH friend has offered for the first games (cant go myself). expect its going to soak up alot of tickets. it would seem fair to allocate these to the guest.

No ive been doing this for a couple of seasons no bronze fee to pay and always get a ticket if I want.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here