Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood to Fulham on loan?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Feel another midfielder or two would have to be signed before I'd let Norwood go out on loan.
Absolutely. We only have 25 players under contract anyway. Each OUT needs an IN otherwise there is minimal point to it.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Norwood purchase seemed like a knee jerk reaction as it occurred a day or so after the Pritchard M25 scenario.
Does not offer anything different to what we already had in CM.
I would sell but if loan only option fine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Norwood purchase seemed like a knee jerk reaction as it occurred a day or so after the Pritchard M25 scenario

Entirely unrelated - they play completely different roles.

(and more specifically, Norwood was photographed training in an Albion kit before the Pritchard deal collapsed.)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Norwood is a very good player, I like him a lot and would in my opnion be more suited to the premier league.

However we do have Stephens, Kayal,Sidwell and Gross ahead of him in the pecking order for a central role, plus a new signing i am sure, a loan until Jan seems like a good idea

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
If we are going to be playing 4 5 1 this season as predicted, I can actually see Norwood being a very important player for us this season.

There is always one player who is a surprise package at this level and it good very much be Norwood

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Norwood purchase seemed like a knee jerk reaction as it occurred a day or so after the Pritchard M25 scenario.
Does not offer anything different to what we already had in CM.
I would sell but if loan only option fine.

I actually disagree with this. He was bought in because he is different to our other central midfielders. His passing is fantastic when right and he has a good range. The issue is he's not very strong in the tackle and so struggled at times in a two man central midfield (Huddersfield away being an example). However, in home games, when we needed to break teams down he provided a good option off the bench (and was a decent option when starting in the first few months).

Those who criticise Norwood forget what a big part he played while Kayal was out and Stephens wasn't hitting top form in early season.

Having said that, I am not against loaning him out but we definitely shouldn't do so until we've bought a new central midfielder in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwood is a very good player, I like him a lot and would in my opnion be more suited to the premier league.

However we do have Stephens, Kayal,Sidwell and Gross ahead of him in the pecking order for a central role, plus a new signing i am sure, a loan until Jan seems like a good idea

I agree, I think he would probably flourish in a game that wasn't as in your face as the Championship. Whether that is good enough in the Premier League is open to debate though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Norwood was a decent signing for us in the Championship but does anyone really think he'll do better than what we have already in the squad?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Those who criticise Norwood forget what a big part he played while Kayal was out and Stephens wasn't hitting top form in earlier in the season in.

With the exception of Sheff Wed away, not how I remember it at all.

Did a job nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Under-rated as in decent (not good or amazing) but the vast majority make out as if he's rubbish and not even any good in the Champ...... yet was in the team of the season at that level 12 months ago.

He moved to a bigger club who COULD have utilised him but decided to make him a bit part player due to our existing talent. He's still an asset but one we don't need to use currently if signing a new midfielder so best all round if he goes out on loan. If he plays regularly in the Champ I think it will increase his value if we wish to sell him in 12 months time OR show he's worth a shot (at some role not as a starter) back here once Sidwell is 12 months older.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Under-rated as in decent (not good or amazing) but the vast majority make out as if he's rubbish and not even any good in the Champ...... yet was in the team of the season at that level 12 months ago.
older.

I agree, certainly not rubbish. Just average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Norwood is a good creative midfielder with an eye for a pass, but didn't really fulfil here. Its possible that Premier Lge football may suit him, but unlikely that he'll get a lot of game time this coming season(sadly for him). A loan move would make sense. With regard to Cairney, his new contract means nothing in the scheme of things. It could just be an agreement to add a buy-out clause to protect FFC, whilst also giving him a pay rise as a sweetener

He has a great eye for a pass,to opposition players...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
j8k40y.png

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Going to Fulham on a season long loan? I presume we must have someone coming in shortly then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here