Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood to Fulham on loan?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Would make sense, keep him playing regularly and bring him back when and if needed again!

True, I think if we are looking to more to that area Norwoods chances are going to be very limited based on his usage and opportunities last season

Edit: I didn't realise he made 37 appearances though I assume a lot were from the bench

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Edit: I didn't realise he made 37 appearances though I assume a lot were from the bench

33 league appearences: started 16 matches, substituted in from the bench 17 matches.

Would loan him out as part of a deal that brings Cairney to Brighton.

On more serious note, Norwood has done well in different systems, he played better for Reading and had OK WC for Northern Ireland. God knows how he would do in Premier League, maybe Brighton's style of play in PL will suit him better?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
33 league appearences: started 16 matches, substituted in from the bench 17 matches.

On more serious note, Norwood has done well in different systems, he played better for Reading and had OK WC for Northern Ireland. God knows how he would do in Premier League, maybe Brighton's style of play in PL will suit him better?

If it meant getting Cairney, they can have him permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

I may be wrong but hasn't Cairney just signed a new deal at FFC?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Under-rated player on here but that said IF we're bringing in another CM then a loan move would make sense. Sidwell should have another good 12 months in him and then we can assess both player's futures.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Norwood is a good creative midfielder with an eye for a pass, but didn't really fulfil here. Its possible that Premier Lge football may suit him, but unlikely that he'll get a lot of game time this coming season(sadly for him). A loan move would make sense. With regard to Cairney, his new contract means nothing in the scheme of things. It could just be an agreement to add a buy-out clause to protect FFC, whilst also giving him a pay rise as a sweetener

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Under-rated player on here but that said IF we're bringing in another CM then a loan move would make sense. Sidwell should have another good 12 months in him and then we can assess both player's futures.

Underrated based on what?

Has shown little in his 16 starts, and has had a couple of 'shockers' as well (particularly Huddersfield away).

I'm not saying he's hopeless as you don't play international football etc (Though I suppose Geoff Thomas did)........, but certainly has not excelled with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's a good player when we're on top of teams and dominating, he can certainly spot a pass and has that knack of weighting a through-ball or one into the channels just right. But when we're not on top, he goes missing and becomes a passenger. We're not going to be on top of teams very much next season, so I really don't see a place for him. He's not PL quality.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
True, I think if we are looking to more to that area Norwoods chances are going to be very limited based on his usage and opportunities last season

At least 25 of them have to be coming on for Baldock

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here