Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you actually pay for your Sky TV package?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
At the moment we're paying £26.60 , this doesn't include sports or movies . Due to end next month when it will will rise by 25% . Think I may leave rather than try haggling a better price, and see what they offer .

Get Freesat. One off cost of £189 for the box and that's that. We did it and it's been perfect

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If you know someone who works for Sky and can give you a friends and family code, the deal in March was £35 for Sky Q, HD, Sports, Movies and all the other gubbins (i.e Sky Atlantic etc but NO phone or BB) as long as you hadn't had Sky for over a year on a 12 month contract.

I currently pay £50 a month for Sky (all Sky channels inc Sports and Movies, excluding BT sport), 1 box

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't see it as a waste of money. In fact I am convinced it saves me money.

If you accept that everybody needs broadband and this is going to cost about £20 per month with any provider, I am paying an extra £26 per month for the TV channels.

During the football season, I will watch the matches on Sky on a Sunday on the majority of weekends. I also watch some Saturday lunchtime/evening games, most Monday night games, every single grand prix, every golf major and both international and county cricket during the summer evenings and weekends. I must watch at least five hours of live sport each week, sometimes more.

What other entertainment options have I got for £6 a week?

We are obviously different ages, as i just don't think it's cricket to pay to watch it on the TV.

That's your choice i would rather watch the main 4 channels for a compulsory yearly fee and put an extra in the pension pot.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I only get Sky TV but get the Entertainment Box Sets package (or whatever it's called) with Sports and Movies, I don't get Sports HD but all other HD channels I do get. I get just the 2 Sky go devices. Also have Sky+.

I pay £18.50 a month, this was after I cancelled and they persuaded me to stay.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nil.

Stopped it about three years back when I realised we just weren't watching games. In addition it comes across as MUFCTV channels 2, 3, 4, etc, with a narrative of plugging all things "the greatest club in the world".

matey

Mar 16, 2014
The good thing about NowTV is that you can cancel online but before you confirm it will offer you a reduction .. I got Entertainment from 6.99 to 3.99 pm I opted out totally the Movies but it did offer the package at 5.99 from 9.99. I pay for the sports at 6.99 for a day pass but I see they do one for 10.99 for the week.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I've been playing virgin and sky off against each other. The offers have come down but I've literally spent hours on the phone and must have gone through boring security questions 50 times.
For 58pcm Virgin offering unlimited calls, best broadband, full house bundle with sky sports and movies, and a free telly. Virgin more appealing than sky because it comes with bt sport.
But I would say the Sky Remote control and general set up is preferable

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I also use the Now Tv day pass for matches (£6.99) They also do a week pass which I think is around a tenner. Good if you don't have time to watch a load of meaningless matches. Which I don't.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was paying £83, Sports, Movies etc, cancelled it all about six months ago, and now getting a bit itchy!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Having the full whack installed today - movies, sports, boxsets, HD, UHD and an extra box. £40 I believe for 18 months. Although that is with a friends and family discount.

This doesn't include phone or broadband though - sky don't have the fibre wotsit in my area so we get that through Virgin.

Only thing we won't get is BT unless we pay £15 extra.

Hi, we're just about to get sky, without the phone or broadband, as we have this through bt.

How did you get a friends and family discount code?

£40 sounds very good to me!

Cheers

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Hi, we're just about to get sky, without the phone or broadband, as we have this through bt.

How did you get a friends and family discount code?

£40 sounds very good to me!

Cheers

Girlfriend's brother works for Sky, all you need is a friend of a friend of a friend who works for them!

Although he did say we had to be quick as there were only two codes of that bundle left - maybe they get a set number of discount codes between their section of the workforce?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Girlfriend's brother works for Sky, all you need is a friend of a friend of a friend who works for them!

Although he did say we had to be quick as there were only two codes of that bundle left - maybe they get a set number of discount codes between their section of the workforce?

If they want to share then happy for a PM myself......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here