Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you actually pay for your Sky TV package?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I know they advertise the cost of their packages but it seems like if you are out of contract and threaten to leave that they will 'do a deal' with you.

I just thought it would be interesting to find out what people are actually paying as it may help others when talking to Sky about this in future.

For the full Sky TV, Movies and Sports in HD we were on a 50% off deal paying around £40 per month. That ran out a month ago and we were then charged £80 for the next month. That was not something I was prepared to pay so I rang them and we settled on £50 per month for the next 18 months.

Anyone else?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have the full tv package, sky go extra, the top Internet and telephone and it works out at £60 a month.

I was a new customer so they threw loads of deals at me and then took off the installation fee as well.

Feels like a good deal compared to what people I know pay but someone will probably have everything for a lot less and I will feel stupid!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ended my contract with sky, was inundated with offers by post email and telephone. In the end settled for phone, fibre broadband with entertainment pack and sky sports for £41 a month. But that doesn't include HD which is a bummer.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Having the full whack installed today - movies, sports, boxsets, HD, UHD and an extra box. £40 I believe for 18 months. Although that is with a friends and family discount.

This doesn't include phone or broadband though - sky don't have the fibre wotsit in my area so we get that through Virgin.

Only thing we won't get is BT unless we pay £15 extra.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Just negotiated new deal. Paying £23.75 for tv inc sky sports (not hd).

Got bt broadband so get bt sports inc hd for £6 a month

Trying to get a q box so I can get uhd sports but don't seem keen to give deals on that

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
£26/m
Q box, line rental and broadband. Don't subscribe to sports as I like an excuse to pop to the pub.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Gave up Sky when it got to £50 odd per month & left. Then last year, an Nsc'er got us a deal for all packages & HD, for £35 a month, which expired in February, so we cancelled again.
We've got NowTV, so can pay as and when we want anything.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
At the moment we're paying £26.60 , this doesn't include sports or movies . Due to end next month when it will will rise by 25% . Think I may leave rather than try haggling a better price, and see what they offer .

D

Deleted member 2719

Why do people pay sky so much.:shrug:

I hope you guy wont regret not putting it in the pensions or spending it on their kids or to charity.

I am not against the odd £6.99 a match on Now Tv, but paying tens of pounds/Month just seems so wasteful.

Paying that much for TV is just wrong.

So are the sky monthly subscription payers all wealthy Tories???

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Just weighing this all up..
My BT fibre/broadband and calls is £50 p/m

As a new Sky customer, via their website, i can get Fibre/calls and sports for £70 p/m, so £20 extra for EPL.. that sounds ok against BT.. (same as two <away> NOW tv games per month, if we're on of course..)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm on the 50% off retention deal, been on it for three years, each year phone up threaten to leave and they put me ont he ame deal again. £40 a month for all the TV packages. Any more than that I would cancel but I don't mind paying £40.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Bare minimum TV plus Phone & Broadband. SkyQ box but not the package.

Get box sets & movies through NowTV (as much cheaper) and "multiroom" by using 3 NowTV boxes and a laptop.

Whole lot costs a whisker under £50/month.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Got the Broadbrand, Line Rental, and the full TV Package for £72 p/m but that expires next week. Have called and told them I will be going elswhere unless they can reduce my bill. So far they have stood firm that they can't do it any cheaper. Will wait until the contract expires next Friday then call them to negotiate.

My problem is BT aren't offering fibre optic in my area just yet so I can't get Sky Sports with their package which is essential. Plus I would really miss Sky Atlantic with Game of Thrones, Ray Donovan, Sopranos re-runs etc.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£56 for unlimited broadband, phone, 2 HD boxes, all the channel packs + Sports.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
All in we pay Sky about £160 per month. I think that is roughly £125 for the TV stuff, and £35 for phone / internet etc.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I pay £14.61 for unlimited broad band & line rental & all tv (apart from kids channels) with pause/ record & sports channels without pause / record

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
About to go through the whole threaten to leave process with Virgin as if I get BT I instantly avoid the ridiculous 19 quid line rental that virgin charge.

Anyone had any dealings with leaving Virgin?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here