Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Scotland (lovely ladies ) eurosport 2 now

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Slightly disagree, I think the keepers are much better, they're just not any taller so suffer a bit with shots to the extremes of the goal - Can make the keepers look a bit silly

Tis ridiculous to see a match in which players look to lob from distance a goalkeeper who is on the goal line. I don't see how adapting a sport would make it any lesser.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
6-0. A proper gubbing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At 4-0 up in their opening game of a tournament, England were able to bring a striker on who has just signed for Barcelona...what the men's team would do for suxh a luxury.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As the men continuously disappoint, lets get behind the women !

Surely, the Germans aren't as good in this form of the game.

Just looked at their record :ffsparr::ffsparr:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nicola Sturgeon there to see it. That's going to improve harmonious relations.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
DE8_tHtXYAE8fnT.jpg

I like this picture, taken by a pal in Utrecht. Cruyff quote means: "You can't do it alone, you have to do it together". One for the dressing room.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England were very good, some excellent finishing tonight. And most refreshing to watch a match with no cheating, diving, time wasting or bitching.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Slightly disagree, I think the keepers are much better, they're just not any taller so suffer a bit with shots to the extremes of the goal - Can make the keepers look a bit silly

And you couldn't say that any of the goals were down to the standard of goalkeeping. All decent finishes with the keeper not having any chance. The Scotland defence on the other hand...

In fact, both goalkeepers were good at punching at corners.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Salaries aside, not sure why commentators /summarisers / presenters have to actually be at the stadium? Why not watch feed, from home / UK studio?

Great work by the England football team, though. Putting the blokes to shame!

Because you can see the whole game rather than view your monitor if you want and comment accurately on things like atmosphere & weather. It's why I stopped writing blog posts on TV games, it's just not the same.

There have been some studio based commentaries that I've heard in the past and they always sound crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here